Cwrismas Time


Right after we got back from our trip we had to set up the Christmas Tree. The girls were super excited and loved pulling all the ornaments out of the boxes. Every year we have let them choose an ornament. This year Adele chose a little polar bear, and Esther chose a santa cat. Sadly, I haven't learned my lesson, and the glass kitty was broken approximately 6 hours after we bought it. So we are on the hunt for another non-breakable cat ornament and haven't been able to find one anywhere so far.  



Our tiny tree is kinda pathetic in our new normal sized living room, but it makes us all happy to see it there. The girls favorite part of putting the star up had to be done twice so they could both have a turn. Adele is so sweet, she is always talking about the "Cwrismas tree" or "broccoli" as she also likes to call it ha. 


As I've said many times before, holidays are so fun and sweet when you have kids. Especially Christmas. Esther is at the perfect age where everything is so magical and she really "gets" it all. She loved looking at lights and we have to visit the Christmas section of every store we go to. They don't even need anything fancy, they are just so thrilled to see the waving inflatable Santa inside of Home Depot. We like to keep things simple with their ages, but I'm so excited to do our Christmas Book Tradition, make cookies, and go for drives to see the lights, plus whatever other fun stuff we end up doing. 

On an unrelated note, we have been licensed for foster care for just about a month now and have still had zero calls. I have had to learn to just let all the worrying and wondering go, so I don't lose my mind and just try be patient. Still my heart races getting all excited every time my phone rings, when almost every time it is just junk calls ha.  I guess I am glad that they don't need us, but I still just wish I had a due date like with a pregnancy, so I could plan and prepare everything! I thought for sure we would have a little one with us for Christmas, and we still might, we will just have to see.




Comments

Popular Posts