Christmas 2017

I never know what to write about Christmas. It is always so many thoughts and emotions all wrapped up into one day. There was stress and feelings of not doing enough or maybe doing too much and of course there was so much happiness and excitement too.

I was a pretty stressed because, along with all the normal holiday stress, I was asked to play a musical number in Sacrament Meeting on Christmas Eve while some of the sisters in the ward sang. These people think I am a way better pianist than I am ha. But I practied every day and only messed up a little during the song so I guess it turned out ok.

I made sure to take nice pictures of us all on Christmas Eve but after that I didn't take many. We do videos of the girls opening their presents and the rest of the day we just kind of relaxed and spent time together.

The girls really did love their presents and for that I'm grateful. They also seemed to some what grasp that Christmas is really about Jesus, not Santa. Gift giving is my love language so I tend to want to go all out for gifts and always feel like there aren't enough ha. I totally caught myself feeling bad that they only had a few pieces of candy in their stocking and no toys. Honestly though they had plenty of toys and are still young enough to be happy with anything. Plus they will be getting more when we go down to my parents house.

Ok this post is a downer. Really we had a great Christmas! It was a white Christmas which always feels like a special little blessing. It started snowing on Christmas Eve and by morning we had 4 or 5 inches. We played in the snow with Esther and made her a little snow house. I always say that Christmas is funner as a parent than as a kid and really that is true! Seeing their excited little faces, and Adele's tiny voice saying "Santa bringing me baby Wana!" was so worth all the stress and worry.









The girls eating breakfast with their new dolls. 

 Leland with his gift we got him for riding his bike to work in the cold.

Adele trying to hold all her babies. 


Esther in her Moana dress up. 





Adele and I enjoying the pregnancy pillow Leland got for me. 


And some of the pictures from playing in the snow on Saturday. 





Leland had 4 days off for Christmas and it was wonderful and went by way too quickly. Now we have a lot to lool forward to, our anniversary, Leland's family coming from Texas and Bennett's wedding all within the next couple of weeks. :)

Comments

Popular Posts