19 Weeks Pregnant: Boy or Girl?

On Tuesday is my anatomy scan and I am just losing my mind with the waiting ha. I am seriously counting down the days! I was really fine with waiting until 20 weeks to find out until the last couple of weeks and now I'm just so eager. For those who don't know, many people use a blood test to find out the gender at 8-12 weeks, and many others can find out at 14-16 weeks using ultrasound. (We opted to save the money and just wait until our anatomy scan to find out.) So to wait until 20 weeks basically feels like I'm living in the olden days ha. #dramatic

I feel like I am already 90% sure it's a girl. Not really because of my symptoms, just "mother's intuition". But I just want to find out to be sure. I really would be fine with boy or girl, but I kinda want a girl just because Esther wants a girl so bad. Leland of course hopes for a boy but says he'll be happy with a girl too. I think 3 girls in a row would be adorable. I am already feeling the nesting kicking in and I want to know the gender so I can get everything ready and perfect. 

In other news, this baby wiggles and moves so much! Since 17 weeks I have felt movements very consistently. I don't remember the girls moving so much. 

One thing that has hit me is the pregnancy hunger. For some reason in all my pregnancies I feel like I can eat normally/healthily for the first half, then 20 weeks hits and bam I am so hungry no matter how much I eat, 30 minutes later I'm hungry again. Not great timing with all the Christmas treats around. I'm trying to eat more protein and it is helping a little to keep me full longer. 

The baby is now 6 inches long and weighs 8oz. Esther has been asking when the baby will be the size of her stuffed Dumbo and is thrilled that they are the same size now. :) I finally took another pregnancy pic so I'll try to post that here later. 

Boy or girl, we all love this little baby so much and can't wait to meet him/her. :)

Comments

Popular Posts