THIRTY-SIX

 September 6- September 12 2021


Well, I've fallen behind again. Most of my goals fizzled out about June this year, but I'm going to keep trying with the blog. In early September we had one last swim at Aunt Kris's pool. Baby boy joined us there. 



Leland's favorite dinner is chicken pot pie so I try to indulge him every so often. 



Beautiful late summer sunsets. 


Moses wearing the wool diaper cover I made him out of an upcycled sweater. 




The kids are absolutely obsessed with peaches. We drove to Willard and got a big box. One morning we ditched schoolwork and I made jam instead. 



There is something very satisfying in making something that will feed your family for a good many months. I wish I could have canned more than I did this year. Part of it was not being able to find lids and part of it was just being busy. Hopefully next year I can do more!


Moses getting so big! His first tooth popped through at five months old! Shortly followed by his second tooth. I just love him to death. Having babies gets better and better each time. 







 A little field trip to Dinosaur Park with cousins and Grandma, who has been staying with us. 











Timpanogos Cave is one of the hikes on Leland's hiking challenge list. I have heard it's hard and steep so we have never attempted it. This year the kids were older so we decided to try it. The kids did so good but oh my goodness that hike was SO hard! It is paved so that makes it easier, but it is very steep switchbacks up the mountain to the cave. I had major anxiety about all the cliffs. It even had chains to hold on to at one point. I have a strict rule about never doing hikes with chains on them. We got rained on and I was worried the kids would be wet and cold in the cave, but the hike took so long that we were dry by the time we went in. 





Can you see the teeny tiny road through the canyon down there? 


We couldn't have done it without Rickelle's help!







Inside the cave was really cool! I think I liked Minnetonka Cave a bit better. Timpanogos cave had lots of low ceiling points and a bit more of a claustrophobic feeling. ( Not to mention the hike up there but I think I've already complained about that enough.)






I am very proud that the 3 bigger kids did this whole hike on their own. Israel was carried up but walked all the way down by himself. 


On the 12th we had stake conference at the Ogden Tabernacle. I love when we have stake conference there. It reminds me of my childhood when I would go to stake conference there. We again had Baby Boy with us as we do most Sunday's. So it was quite a handful but I'm still glad we went. I spent most of the time with him and Moses in the mother's room, but I wouldn't change a thing. 









Comments

Popular Posts