THIRTY-EIGHT

 September 20-September 27 2021

Monday for Forest School we learned about the Harvest Moon. We have a little tradition of letting kids stay up on the night of the Harvest Moon, reading books about it and drinking apple cider while watching it rise. The kids LOVE this tradition. Staying up outside after dark is just thrilling. 











The moon really is beautiful though. This year the full moon coincided with the Autumnal Equinox. 


The Autumnal Equinox was also Moses' half birthday. I really can't believe he is six months. He is still like three months in my mind.  






We had family pictures taken. I spent way too much effort getting outfits for everyone. I think they turned out well though. 



On Saturday we did our last hike for the hiking challenge. My mom joined us on the hike. We all went one mile to the resovior then my mom and I waited with the kids there while Leland did the rest of the hike. There were some very agressive geese and beautiful fall colors. 




I love how you can see the mountains so clearly reflected in the lake. 







Comments

Popular Posts