Twelve Months with Israel


Israel had a birthday, he is officially a year old now! At risk of sounding like a broken record I will save all the sentiments like "it went by so fast" even though it really did. Little man did not like when I made him lay next to the letter board when all he wanted to do was eat all the letters!


He cheered up quickly though. 


Israel seems like such a big boy now, even though he is not walking. He crawls all over and loves climbing things. He has 7 teeth, with another coming in. He has been sleeping awful and I don't remember the girls being so bad, even though I'm sure they were. He made me desperate enough to buy an amber teething necklace, and maybe it's a placebo effect but I think it helps. 


He hasn't had his 12 month well check yet but he weighs about 27 lbs and is still tall for his age. He wear size 5 diapers and 24 month clothes. He can say Dada and Cat. He also copies a lot of what we say and it seems like he can say Dog too. He loves to clap and is smart at figuring out how things work. 


When not getting a tooth, he loves eating all foods. He likes cheese and meat best, but will eat most fruit and vegetables. He is still nursing and I'm glad we made it 12 months of breastfeeding. He nurses in the morning, before naps and bed, and whenever he wakes up at night. However, he doesn't really "ask" for it like the girls did. He doesn't usually nurse to sleep either. So we'll see how much longer we make it. Still I know how toddlers can be and he might suddenly start loving nursing again, so we'll see. 



Israel is the happiest baby. I have so many pictures of him with a giant grin because he smiles so easily. He has some stranger danger and cries when he is in a new place with new people. He is a mama's boy and prefers me to Leland so I'll be hanging onto that as long as I can.

Isri loves baths, playing outside, getting dirty, playing in water, books, toys, animals and his sisters. He detests getting his diaper changed and being strapped into anything, unless it is the baby carrier which he loves. 



When Adele stepped into help with his pictures haha. 



Here is the collage of all his first year pictures. The collage isn't the best, but I just love looking back at all these. It is a little heartbreaking because I just love that first year of babyhood. I feel like it is such a sacred special time and now it's gone by again. I am excited to get to know Israel more and see who turns into. He is such an amazing little person already, I know he's going to do great. :)


Comments

Popular Posts