Exploring Outside

I love May! The weather is perfect despite a few rainy days. It is the perfect time to get out and explore because all of the kids are still in school. We have been getting out almost everyday, visiting the nature center, free forest school, and playing at parks with our forest school friends, plus our family hikes. Some days we just spend time in the backyard, but it is really important to me that my kids get outside time everyday. After reading books on the subject, I've learned that unstructured time in nature is so important for kids development. It is one reason we are homeschooling, and one reason we won't sign our kids up for sports for a while, because I want us to be able to have the freedom to play outside for hours everyday. I love this first picture of Israel crawling with his bare feet in the dirt. He has spent more time outside than the girls did as infants and it shows. He is my little nature baby. :)


Here are a couple of articles about the benefits of playing outside












































Comments

Popular Posts