Mother's Day + A Temple Visit

My mother's day was pretty low key since it was the day after Israel's birthday. Still Leland was sweet and got me a flower and a bluetooth speaker that I had been wanting .Esther gave me this adorable card, a picture of the two of us. I loved it. I didn't force the kids into taking a picture with me, which I'm kind of regretting now, but I have quite a few with them so it's fine. The girls sang in church on Mother's Day. Oh my. My children are the ones scream-singing up there haha. It is a little embarrassing for reserved people like Leland and myself haha. But everyone says they love hearing their "singing" and that it is so cute. It was Adele's first time singing in church and I wish I could have gotten a video for us all to remember her enthusiasm. :)



A few weeks ago we visited the Ogden Temple after church. The girls loved seeing all the flowers and we had the whole place nearly to ourselves. It was a nice little Sunday activity. Esther took most of these pictures.












Today before church I took a few pictures of handsome little Israel in his church clothes. The girls wanted to be in the pictures too.












Being a mother to these children is a lot of hard work. The hardest thing I've ever done. Doing a good job feels like it somehow takes just a little more patience and parenting skills than I currently have. I often feel like I'm failing and hope that I can raise them without messing them up too much. 😐 Still I'm continually striving to be better, kinder, and more understanding in hopes that I can someday be the kind of mother you always hear about in sacrament meeting on Mother's Day.

Comments

Popular Posts