Esther is Five!

Esther is 5 now! She is so excited about being five. She tells everyone " I can reach the sink now because I'm five." haha. And a few days after her birthday we had an orientation for her new school ( the charter-homeschool hybrid), so now she tells everyone she is in Kindergarten. I have to keep reminding her she won't actually go for another six months. She is getting to be actually helpful now and she is still very willing to help, so that is nice. She can vacuum and mop, make her own cereal in the mornings, unload the dishwasher with a little help, and she can watch Israel for me while I shower. 

Esther has grown so much this past year. She knows all her letters and sounds and can write her name. She can read short words but only if she is really motivated. She loves math more than reading but we haven't gotten too deep into schooling yet. She is very creative and she loves drawing, painting, crafts, and making up stories for me to write down. She is full of so many ideas and has a big imagination. She still loves being outside and her stamina has really increased lately. She can walk a couple of miles without complaint, and if she doesn't get her exercise everyday she can get quite hyper. She loves to be silly and make people laugh. Especially Israel. Israel laughs the most for her. 


She is in the question stage and always wants to know the "why" about everything. Luckily I have the internet to be able to look things up that I don't know. She loves to take pictures and is also very interested at looking at old pictures of herself. Looking through chatbooks is her favorite activity. 

Just like Adele she is very picky about what she wears and how her hair is done. She has this one purple dress that she wears everyday, and sleeps in. I usually have to coerce her to change when we leave the house, since it is winter. So if you see her and Adele looking like ragamuffins, just know that I tried haha. She is still fairly outgoing but it getting a little more reserved as she gets older. She still loves to socialize and go on outings to new places. 




I really can't believe that it has been five whole years since she was born, while at the same time, I feel like I've known her forever. Someone posted this quote the other day and I can't stop thinking about it. I never really felt like time was passing quickly until I had kids, and they grow up and change completely in just a few years, it is so crazy and I just have to document everything so I can hold onto it all a little longer. 

“Time is clearly not our natural dimension. Thus it is that we are never really at home in time. Alternately, we find ourselves wishing to hasten the passage of time or to hold back the dawn. We can do neither, of course, but whereas the fish is at home in water, we are clearly not at home in time--because we belong to eternity.”

― Neal A. Maxwell




Here is the link to her five year interview. She was kind of nervous at first for some reason, but at the end she really comes out with her songs hahaha. She is so cute. She sings her heart out in primary and I guess she just has to change up the lyrics to fit her own life. :)




Comments

Popular Posts