Snowy Days

We have had so much snow lately! The younger me would have loved this, but the me with children cooped up in the house all winter merely tolerates it ha.  I do make a point to take them outside at least once a week for Free Forest School. Esther loves FFS, Adele has fun most of the time but mostly enjoys the snacks. As you can see from her face in most of these pictures, she isn't the biggest fan of cold weather. 





Israel was so cute in his first real snow experience. He loved feeling the snow, but then started wailing once he realized it was cold. He generally likes being outside though and tolerates riding on my back during our adventures.






The light was so pretty at the nature center a couple of weeks ago. 








I got an instant pot for Christmas. I have loved using it so far! This unflattering picture was from the night I made baked sweet potatoes. 



When I was pregnant with Israel I saw this little red striped romper from Target and  I really wanted to get it for him but  I couldn't justify the expense. Well last week I saw the exact romper at Savers in Israel's perfect size and it was half off making it only $1. It totally made my day felt like a little tender mercy reminding me that Heavenly Father is aware of even our very insignificant desires. He will be wearing it everyday until he outgrows it. :)








I love how much Esther loves the snow. If she were my only child we would spend hours and hours playing in it everyday.





Esther, our little amateur photographer, took some pictures of me, Israel and Birdie as I sat nursing on the couch the other day haha. 



We made a trip to Ikea last weekend to buy some furniture for our school room. Esther went to the play land and Adele thoroughly enjoyed her one on one time with us, testing every single bed and chair. 









 I love the way our street looks when it snows. So pretty, but a little scary to drive in.



Israel double-fisting some chicken and sweet potatoes. He loves food and demands to eat whatever we are eating. 


Someday I will have a perfectly made bed everyday, for now this is what it looks like most the time and I'm ok with that. 















We have been doing Come Follow Me every morning and it's been going well. I am still learning a lot but if you have little kids you should download the primary manual and use that to teach from because it really makes it much easier. 


Adele's birthday is Monday. I can't believe she is almost 3. Look how grown up she looks! But as she reminds me every day "I will be your baby forever Mama!". 




Israel is such a little angel. He played by himself for an hour this morning just digging in the lego basket. He had a low fever this morning and he even still is just happy as a clam. I had to take a thousand pictures because he is so adorable and I don't know how I got so lucky. 💙










Comments

Popular Posts