Eight Months with Israel

I almost wrote 11 months and I've almost accidentally told people he is 11 months ha. I guess because he is huge it feels like he is 11 months. I'm glad he's only 8 months and not into toddlerhood yet though. :)


Israel got his two bottom teeth on December 26th. It made for a rough few days before Christmas but at least Leland was home those days so I could get extra sleep. 

Israel doesn't love nursing as much as Adele did, but he still nurses well. Every 3-4 hours during the day, then he'll go to bed at 7 and have one long stretch at night usually before he is up every 2 hours.  😔 We are slowly transitioning him to sleeping in a crib in his own room instead of our bed, so I think that will help. He does nap well and will usually fall asleep by himself for naps. 





He has tried lots of foods now and likes mostly everything. He loves feeding himself and can actually get the food into his mouth now. His favorites are the baby teething crackers. 



Israel doesn't have another check up until 9 months, but based on our scale at home he is almost 25 pounds. He is a big boy. He wears size 24 month clothes and a few 18 month things. 


Israel loves going outside. He loves Esther and Adele and watching them play. Esther loves making him laugh. Adele loves to hug and cuddle him. She can still be rough with him, but at least I don't have to worry about them picking him up because neither can lift him. 😂

He can sit very well now and scoot and roll around to get things. He can get up on hands and knees but no crawling yet. He can go from sitting to crawling position and back so he has the strength he just hasn't quite figured it out yet. He is at the stage where I have to vacuum every few days because he is all over the floor and puts anything he finds into his mouth.



 Distracted by a kitty.





Israel has found his voice and loooves to scream. He screams when he's bored, when he wants something, when he's tired,or just for fun. It is so shrill and loud, I'm glad we don't live in an apartment or people would be complaining I'm sure. Needless to say I'll be very happy when this phase ends. 

Israel hasn't really started babbling. He says "guhguh" a lot but hasn't said Mama or Dada yet. I'm not sure if he's late or not but I think I'm just used to my girls talking earlier. He does laugh all the time and at everything haha. Often times he is alone with his toys and I hear him laughing to himself haha. 



He just learned to clap and it's the cutest thing ever. He also loves peek a boo. He laughs the loudest for that, and he even knows how to play by covering his head with a blanket. 



 Blurry picture and my kids love to wear swimsuits in January, but I love the look on Adele's face. She adores her little brother.




This little guy is just so cute. I love his arm rolls and his fuzzy little hair. We just love our baby Israel. 






Comments

Popular Posts