Adele is 3!


ZERO

 ONE

 TWO

THREE

Adele is three! She woke up at 6am on her birthday yelling "I don't recognize myself! I'm big now!!!"  Although I don't have to be sad about her getting because she constantly reassures me that she is still my baby and we can always cuddle even when she is as big as me. :)


Three might just be my favorite age and Adele is so funny at 3. She has always been quite advanced with her talking and she is constantly cracking me up with the things she says. (quotes post coming soon!)  Adele is so loving. She shows her affection to anyone and everyone she cares about. She is loves to compliment people's clothes and ask how other people are doing.  She loves hugging and loves to be around people, but she is definitely a home body and will let me know when she thinks we've been out to long and should go back home. 


Despite her maturity in other areas, Adele is not potty trained yet. I have not wanted to force it and have let her lead the way. She has told me she isn't ready yet, but she'll be ready when she is 3. So we'll see if it happens in the next couple of months. 

In December the binky fairy visited our house and took Adele's binkies to other babies who need them. She left Adele some  candy and a baby doll and Adele took the change very well. Her sleep has improved  without them and she sleeps through the night the  majority of the time now. 



Adele loves to play pretend. Her favorite toys are dress ups and dolls, or any other props in her imaginary world. She is very creative and has been trained by Esther in the art of pretend play haha. A new development are imaginary friends, who are typically named something like "Juan and Mon and Chon and Don" and who like to climb the walls and go to work with Dada lol.





Along with Adele's loving nature comes an extra dose of sensitivity and neediness. She always gets the saddest when I leave and takes it very personally if I say I want to be alone. She also does not respond well to any type of yelling or anger. If I do yell at her she is sure to tell me I am not being a good Mama ha. She keeps me humble. Really though I have learned to not try to push her into doing things she isn't ready for, if I stay close and available to her she usually will  soon feel secure enough to try new things on her own. 


Adele is our little sweetheart and I feel so blessed and grateful to be her Mama. She teaches me so much and I'm excited to see who she grows up to be. 





Here is Adele's 3 Year Interview. It was filmed and edited on my phone so it's not the greatest quality, but I think her cuteness (and sassiness when Esther interrupts the interview) still shines through. (Also when she keeps asking me to put on her bra she is talking about the top to her mermaid costume haha)




Also for more evidence of their personality differences, see Esther's 3 year interview HERE

Comments

Popular Posts