Antelope Island

Leland's work is starting up their annual hiking challenge again. Every year I tell him I do not want to do it this year, yet here we are again doing it. 😔 I do enjoy hiking but I don't know how we are going to do it with a newborn and two toddlers. I guess it will be an adventure. 

Anyways the challenge is a little easier this year in that you can mostly choose your own hikes. On Saturday we went to Antelope Island so Leland could do his first one. It was a hard hike so I opted to take the girls to the beach while he did the hike. The girls loved it there! They got so sandy though. And there was no where for me to sit down so we didn't stay too long. I managed to keep them out of the water but they did play in the foam that washed up. They were all about that. 

Last time we visited Antelope Island (here) there were no bugs out, so I thought we were in the clear. Not so. They say the biting gnats aren't by the shoreline, which was true, but when we walked back to the car I totally got attacked! They were everywhere! I have bites allllllll over my face, hair, neck, even on my eyelids. It is pretty miserable and I basically feel like I have the chicken pox. Leland is the same from getting bit on his hike. For some reason the girls have no bites? I guess that's a small miracle as they would surely be losing their mind if they did have them. 

Anyways, I will never go there again when it is even remotely warm because seeing some buffalo is not worth this itching ha. But at least I did get some cute pictures of the girls.  








And Leland on his hike. 


Comments

Popular Posts