37 Weeks with #3


The countdown to baby is officially on as I'm now 37 weeks. This pregnancy has been so strange towards the end, especially compared to my other two. It has just been way easier. I have no SPD pain (I did earlier in the pregnancy) and hardly any pain in my ribs. Heartburn has been mild and I really don't have many other discomforts. The only thing is I have been more tired these last couple weeks. I'm pretty sure I could (and should!) go to bed at 8pm every night. Anyways, I'm amazed that pregnancy could be so easy. I have loved being pregnant this time around and I'm in no rush for it to end. 

My theory is that maybe this pregnancy is easier because the baby is smaller? I'm not sure. I can feel him so much! As in I can feel every bony body part right under the skin. At my 36 week appointment my fundal height was 37cm and has been right on the whole pregnancy, so I know he's still growning on track and has enough fluid. It's just different. (For reference I was measuring 38cm at 30 weeks with Adele) so I guess it's normal, just different from what I'm used to. Here is the post I did when 37 weeks with Adele. 

I have been in full nesting mode these past few days. I washed all the newborn clothes and blankets, washed and installed the car seat, set up the swing and bassinet and organized his little dresser in our room. The girls have loved getting everything ready and are both so excited for the baby. 




 According to Babycenter the baby is 6 and 1/3 lbs now and 19 inches long. I'm not sure I believe that as I don't feel like I have 6lbs of baby in there. Plus Esther was born at 41 weeks and only 7lbs 11oz. I guess we will see. I haven't had many braxton hicks contractions this pregnancy but I have had some the last week or so, so I think my body is getting ready. I still plan on him being born "late" though. Everyone else should just expect that too ;)

Leland and I still aren't 100% on a name. We have a few favorites and I guess we will make a final decision when he's born. 

I am getting a little more excited/nervous for labor. I hope it is at least a little easier than Adele's birth, but as long as it isn't a super long labor I feel like I will be okay and be able to go natural. I have not had as much time to prepare like I did for Adele's birth. I just tell myself experience is the best teacher and I've already made it through one unmedicated birth so I can do it again. 

A few things I want to remember about this pregnancy:

-the way the baby moves whenever I read or sing to the girls. I guess he already knows my voice. ❤

-how much he moves. With the girls I would always get worried when they wouldn't move for a few hours. Not with him, I have never been worried because he is always moving. Hopefully it's not an indication of his future sleeping habits ha. 




Comments

Popular Posts