Stay Little Forever

These little girls are at the cutest stages right now. One of the saddest things for me about motherhood is watching them grow up. Of course I'm happy to see them learn and grow, but there's something a little heartbreaking about watching them leave behind the baby and toddler versions of themselves forever. 


Every time we are driving in the dark they start singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" together, "to make all the stars come out". Everytime I tell Leland it's the cutest thing they do ha. 


Lately Esther is so obsessed with fairies. She built a house in our garden for the fairies and adds to it everyday. The fairies have left her some notes and treats and she loves it so much. She is always telling me that she "thinks she saw some pixie dust outside the window". The first thing she does every morning is to check the fairy house to see if they left her anything new.  





Sweet Adele fell asleep on me during sacrament meeting last week and stayed asleep on me until I had to get up to play the piano in Relief Society. She has been extra clingy lately (maybe she senses she is about to be the middle child ;) ) but as long as it's not when I'm trying to make dinner, I love holding her and cuddling. 



The other day we went to a park that had a walking path. It was so great to get outside and play. It took us an hour to complete the 1 mile loop (see picture of Adele walking her baby ha) but it is great to just be able to slow down and enjoy things with these girls. I'm glad we're able to have a wide open schedule, I know that's another thing I'll miss about this phase of life. 



As I was taking these pictures after their bath I told them "You guys will be sisters and friends forever" then Esther said "Yeah but sometimes we bite each other". Ha, that sums up their relationship pretty accurately. 




It's probably just my pregnancy nostalgia but I've really been trying to remember and record everything from this stage so I don't forget. Even though this stage has it's hard parts too, like someone needing something from me almost every second they're awake, I know I'll miss it so much when it's gone.



Comments

Popular Posts