A Day in the Life

It's been a little while since I've done one of these. Disclaimers: A food photographer I am not, and I left out some of the mundane parts, like me going to the bathroom every half hour, more diaper changes, and all the times I check my phone/text Leland throughout the day.

Esther is 3.75, Adele is 2 and I am 27 weeks pregnant. 

4:34am: Adele starts crying, Leland goes in and gives her Tylenol and tries to rock her back to sleep.

5am: Leland has to get ready for work, so I take over. She falls asleep on me but wakes up if I try to put her in the crib. This is going to be a long day... I hold her while I look at instagram and read my scriptures.

6:30am: I am starting to get really uncomfortable in this chair so I move Adele to my bed. She wakes up of course. I sleep off and on while she watches Daniel Tiger on the tablet next to me.

8:00am: Esther wakes up. We all go to the kitchen and have breakfast. I give in and let them watch Daniel Tiger while they eat. Oatmeal for them, bacon and eggs for me.



8:45am: I clean breakfast while the girls play. Esther tries to go outside and Adele escapes into the front yard with no shoes on. I end up having to chase her down in my robe and bring her back in.



9:00am: I get Esther dressed, do her hair and brush her teeth. I try to do the same for Adele but she isn't having it (Leave me alone Mama!), so I wrestle a clean diaper on her and let her play with Esther. I get dressed and ready for the day then start on dishes while they play.



9:30am: I finish the dishes and then get Adele dressed. I set the girls up with play doh and coloring while I get everything ready for preschool which is at our house today.




10:00am: We put the play doh away, then cuddle and read books.




10:30am: Snack/ early lunch.



11:15am: Zak arrives for preschool. I change Adele and rock her to sleep while Esther and Zak play together.



1:30pm: Zak's mom picks him up from preschool. I make a meal plan and shopping list. Esther plays legos while Adele is still asleep. After I finish the list I read with Esther.

2:00pm: Adele wakes up. I change her and get ready to go to the grocery store.
I give the girls snacks in the car on the way there. And more snacks while at the store so they'll stay in the cart.






3:30pm: We are back from the store. I unload the groceries and put them away. Then I eat a snack while the girls play.




4:00pm: We go for a walk/bike ride then play in the front yard for a bit.





5:00pm: We come inside so I can tidy up a little and start on dinner. I put on Little Bear for the girls while I make dinner.

6:00pm: Leland is home from work and we eat together, then put the girls in the bath afterwards. We have rice bowls for dinner.


(After this point I forgot to take any more pictures)

7ish: The girls get out of the bath and we start their bedtime routine. One of us rocks Adele while the other periodically helps Esther and does other catch up stuff.

7:45pm: Both girls are asleep. I check social media and then make no bake cookies. After they are done Leland and I watch Netflix together.

9:30pm: I quickly get ready for bed, check on the girls and go to sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts