Our Love Story: Part II



Read Part I of the story here

So when we flew to Texas we got the cheapest flights possible which meant that we flew into Dallas at midnight. Leland and Alex were still in Austin because Leland had a test the next morning and then they would drive to Tyler (where Nannette's family lived) and meet up with us  in the afternoon.

For some reason it worked out that the only person who could pick us up from the airport was Leland's other brother, Kent. That drive home was so awkward. I was like "Hey I'm your brother's girlfriend that he's never met." Haha.

Once we got to Nannette's house things were great. I couldn't believe how much if rained there. It pretty much rained the whole time we were there. Also it was so green there which I was not expecting. Nannette introduced me to all thing Texas like Whataburger and shopping with a "buggy".

Finally the next afternoon it was time for us to meet up. We decided to meet at Dairy Queen then drive to Leland's mom's house to hang out and watch a new episode of The Office that was on that night. On the way there I was so nervous and I couldn't believe I had ever decided to do this. Once we got there I immediately met Leland and Alex. I think we hugged and it felt normal and like we knew each other. (Which we did, we had spent a LOT of time talking and knew each other really well by now, we just hadn't met yet.) Leland's mom was a manager at Dairy Queen at the time so I met her then as well as some of Leland's other siblings, I think.

After that we went back to their house and hung out, watched The Office and stayed up all night talking. I think we went home at 4am (!) and we also kissed and held hands for the first time of course. Here is the world's worst picture of us that we took together that first night. Where were filters when I needed them...



The rest of the trip we spent hanging out whenever we could, both at Nannette's parents and Leland's mom's house. One day we went on a day trip to Shreeveport, Louisiana with the YSA to go to a Mardi Gras parade. Don't worry, it was the family friendly section. ;) One thing that happened during the trip was Nannette and Alex broke up, so that kind of put a damper on things ha, but it was a fun trip. After I left I felt solid in our relationship, but I could tell we weren't at the same place. Leland seemed ready to get married ASAP (even though he barely said anything about it and never pressured me at all). I felt overwhelmed by that and how quickly things were moving since I was only 18. That combined with other things led me to break it off with Leland shortly after we got home. We were both really sad about it, but felt it was for the best to take a step back for a little while.

To Be Continued...


Comments

Popular Posts