Esther-6.5

 Esther is getting so big! I can't believe she is almost 7. She has grown so much in the past few months. She's learned to ride a bike, learned to swim, lost 4 teeth, and has become so helpful around the house. She really is a big kid now!


Esther has been thriving with homeschooling. While she had a hard time sitting still in Kindergarten, this year I can tell she is actually ready for academic work and she has been learning a lot! Recently she learned about life cycles on Wild Kratts, then, all on her own, she drew this life cycle of a butterfly with chalk on the driveway. I love the bubbles and the arrows. She loves learning and often takes the initiative to do "learning activities" like this all on her own. 



Esther loves all physical activity. Swinging, climbing, jumping, riding and swimming. She loves to hike and has endless energy. She is never a child to say she is tired and spends the most time outside of all the kids. She often asks me to take pictures of her tricks. 


Esther loves her cat Birdy. She is in charge of feeding the cats everyday and does well with her responsibility. Birdy loves her back and sleeps with her each night, and follows her around whenever she's outside. 


Her funny dirty face at homeschool nature group. 



A maze she had to make for a homeschool assignment. (The online charter we homeschool through requires us to take these pictures and submit them so we have many. :)



Esther loves creating things, building things and crafting. The girls were thrilled when I helped them sew this quilt block to go along with a story we read. 


"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!"



Esther reciting a poem (about mermaids of course) at a homeschool activity. 



When she had one tooth missing. 


Esther always wants elaborate hair styles which  I usually don't have time for, but once in a while I make it happen. 


Playing with the bengal kittens at the aquarium. 


Esther and Fawn


She still looks like a little baby when she sleeps which is I guess why I have so many pictures of her sleeping. :)









Esther can be very brave when she wants to! She picked up this little snake at the park so the boys could see it. 




It warms my heart that fuzzy is still her favorite toy. 





Esther is always telling me how she has magic, how she can actually fly, and all other sorts of imaginative things. She has firm conviction that mermaids and fairies are real and I love it. I'm grateful that in this way homeschool has allowed to her to hang on to that childhood innocence a little longer, because I think if she were in school all day/around other kids constantly she wouldn't be able to hold on to these things. 


Esther loves being outside. Her and Adele will make up a game where ever they are. 






I am really loving Esther at 6. She is very capable while still being in the fun kid stage. She is very good at entertaining herself and sometimes I marvel at how easy life would be if all my children were at least 6 ha. She is very social and loves to make friends. Above all she loves to have fun and is okay doing anything as long as it is fun in some way. I've been surprised how much I've liked having a "big kid" and I can't wait to see what the next few years bring with her. 



Comments

Popular Posts