2019 Hikes- Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge


On Memorial Day we did this hike in Draper. This was our second time doing it. It is the longest hike we have done so far with the kids and they did great. It is a little more than 3 miles and mostly flat with a couple of hills. 

On all our hikes this summer we bring our Tula Free-to-grow for Israel and our toddler tula. We have loved our toddler Tula for the past couple of years we've had it. Even though Esther is 5 and maybe should be able to hike all of these, she rides in it too sometimes. Adele usually rides about half the time and hikes the other half, but she has been doing better lately too and can easily walk a mile on her own. Not forcing them to hike when they are tired is what I think has led them to hiking happily almost every time we go. I'm all for what is convenient and keeps everyone happy. That plus lots of breaks, plus lots of snacks are our keys to succuss when hiking with little kids. We also try to tell them stories on long hikes like this one and that really keeps them entertained and keeps their mind off of how far we have left to go. 

Anyways, the girls + Leland like to tease me because this bridge freaks me out so much! I'm afraid of heights and I swear my fear has gotten worse with having kids. I could probably cross this by myself (swaying in the wind as it was!!!), but with the kids along, then I have 3 extra people that I have to be terrified of falling off it haha. Needless to say Israel and I stayed on the trail while the girls and Leland crossed. The girls kept singing "with a little help, you can be brave!" And wanted me to cross the bridge just like Daniel Tiger's Mom in a DT episode. #Nope sorry kids. Mama isn't that brave. 














Comments

Popular Posts