House Tour Part 1

I decided to break this up into two posts, this one will be the upstairs and the next part will be the downstairs and outside. 

I am so excited to share this post today! House tours are always my favorite posts to read and my favorite to look back on. I wish I had done one for every place that we've lived. But with that said here are a couple disclaimers. 1. We are just normal people living in a regular house. This tour will not be pinterest worth in ANY way ha. 2. All my pictures are crooked and decorating is not my forte so keep that in mind. 

When we first started looking for houses we really wanted one closer to Leland's work in SLC, but as we looked more and more we realized there really weren't any big enough for us there in our price range, so we started to look further out and found a couple that we really liked. There is a housing shortage in Utah so the houses were going really quickly and there were usually bidding wars involved. We found one we liked back in October and put an offer on it but we got outbid by someone else.  After that we knew we had to be quick, so I drove out to see this one, without Leland, right as it was put online. And it was during the middle of the week with a big snowstorm ha. Leland didn't even see it before we put an offer on it ha. Luckily he is easy to please and really liked the house too. We feel really grateful to have gotten it and it will be great for our family to grow into. We are glad we bought when we did instead of waiting until spring/summer like we originally planned because the housing market is even worse now. 

So with all that said, here are the pictures. 

LIVING ROOM


When you walk through the front door, to the right is the living room and to the left is the kitchen. In the living room we have a pretty minimal setup to keep it cleaner. We do read a lot of books in this room and we sometimes bring a few toys up here for the girls to play with while I make dinner. Originally the kitchen and living room were a dark greenish grey. Leland really wanted to keep it (because he didn't want to paint, not because he liked it ha), but it make the space feel small and dark. I am so happy we went with white to paint it. It feels so big and bright and open now. 



After I had taken these pictures we added a few more pictures to the wall behind the couch. I plan on adding some indoor plants to this room, as well as more pictures and maybe a mirror. We would also like to get a piano for this room at some point. We have talked about adding hardwood floor since the carpet in this room is pretty stained, but that would be a few years down the road. 


KITCHEN

 Originally, a formal dining room was on our must have list for house hunting, but none of the houses we looked at had one, so we just kinda gave up that dream ha. This kitchen is great though and has a lot of space for a table without feeling crammed. The appliances all came with the house except for the fridge, which we got on sale from Lowe's.



The side door goes out to the carport and the gate blocks the stair to the basement. I would like to add a coat rack here to make it a less cluttered entry way. 


MASTER BEDROOM
We had planned on painting the whole upstairs white, but we ran out of time so our room stayed the blue/green it was when we moved in. I hated it at first but it is growing on me more now. It is more green than these pictures show. 


The room has two small closets, the first one is mine and the built in one is Leland. I'm not a huge fan of the open closets, even though that's in style now. I'm not organized enough ha.

Someday I would really like to get a fancy duvet and sheet set, but that's another down the line purchase, so for now we are happy to be still using the quilt Leland's granny made for us. 



Our room has a half bathroom attached. I am so happy that I will have only to go a few steps during the night for my future pregnancies :)



BATHROOM
This bathroom has so much storage I don't even know what to do with it all. We are still using the bathroom set from my college days, but I plan to get a new set soon. 


ADELE'S ROOM

Adele's room is really small but good for a baby. We use the changing table for her clothes storage and the closet holds her blankets, cloth diapers and accessories. 


I hung her newborn pictures above the crib and they go really well with the beige walls. We also store the vacuum in her room since we don't have a linen closet. 


My sister Kylee made the rocking chair cover, We use the rocking chair so much so it is great. I just need to attach the cover to the ottoman. 




Her favorite stuffies that she always has to sleep with. :)


ESTHER'S ROOM

This purple will be the first to go when I get up the energy to paint again. Esther doesn't mind it though. Eventually we will be moving Adele in this room with her when we have another baby.





The recliner in her room we use to cuddle before bed, and it's where we sit while she is falling asleep. Good thing it is comfortable because we almost always end up falling asleep in it ha. The blackout curtains, here and in Adele's room, are from our last apartment and they aren't the greatest looking but they work great so we've kept them. I'm sure you noticed, but our sense of style is pretty much whatever is functional and cheap and hopefully not too horrid looking ha. 


Well I got interrupted 53289 times while writing this so hopefully it makes sense and there aren't too many typos. I will try to have part two coming later this week. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions or thoughts, I love to hear them!


Comments

Popular Posts