Moses Turns 2


I have been meaning to write a post about Moses and all his adorableness for a long while so bear with me while I wax long about our sweet little fifth born child. 

Moses has been one of our early talkers and  I can't even tell you how fun and darling it is to have an early talker, to catch a glimpse of what is going on in those baby brains is just so precious. Moses can say lots of words and phrases and some of my favorites are when he talks in 3rd person about himself saying "Moses have it!" when he really wants something. Another favorite is the nick name he came up with for Leland and I, though he mostly uses in on Leland, which is "boo boo" haha. For some unknown reason when he is handing something to us he will say "here boo boo" and it is hilarious. Other favorite phrases, the way he says chicken chores, how he says all the kids names ( IzIz, Jewwweeeinnn, Dell, and Esser) how he calls both Birdy and Fawn "Fawnie". His early talking isn't all fun and games though, he has picked up stupid from his big siblings but I just can't help laughing even with the little stinker calls people stupid! 

His favorite song for us to sing is "Rock a Bye Baby" which he calls Baby Tree Top, but it sounds like "baby chub chub". It took me several days to figure out what he was saying when he first started saying it, but finally after hearing him croon to himself "Baby chub chub" I figured out what song he was singing. It's just so darling because he was/is a little baby chub chub himself. Speaking of singing he has been singing happy birthday to himself this week and  I could just die to hear his little high pitched voice belting out "Happy Bertday to MEEEE". 

Moses loves diggers, trucks and trains. When Leland drove the moving truck on moving day it was the best day of his little life. He saw Leland behind the wheel and shouted out "Dada diggger! Yay!" complete with hand clapping, Moses also loves his stuffed tiger "tat" and anything his big brothers are playing with. 

Moses can be clingy quite often as toddlers are wont to be. He doesn't go to nursery without me and only in the past couple months will he go to babysitters without screaming the entire time we're gone. Before he got over his major separation anxiety he would cling to Adele the entire time we were gone. Poor Adele had him stuck to her like glue the entire time, though I think she did like it a bit, the two share a special bond. 

Moses still "breastfeeds" even though my milk is all but gone. I'm happy to have reached that 2 year milestone. I keep hoping he will wean himself, and although he only nurses 1-2 times a day he doesn't seem to stopping. So I'll have to figure out what to do about that. Before the recent weeks when he started cutting his 2 year old molars he was sleeping great through the night. As far as sleepers go I think he's one of our better toddler sleepers and  I think it's because he got all his teeth so fast and early. It made for a rough first year but and easier second year. He is a great napper though and always naps for at least 2 hours sometimes 3 or even 4. It is great because there is a lot I can't do when he is awake. 

Moses loves to be a big kid and to be right in the middle of what I am doing. He is the epitome of a montessori baby (despite me not really using that philosophy in our home very often) because his idea of a good time is to always be doing what adults do. We got him his toy kitchen for his birthday gift today and he LOVES it. He was in there making "sausage" (his favorite food) for a good hour while I cleaned the kitchen today. 

Moses is such a joy to have in our home. He is the sweetest little boy that my heart didn't know I needed. I am so grateful Heavenly Father gave him to me, he has really helped me get through the trials we've gone through in the past couple of years. 

He got a black eye by tripping onto a basket right before his big day. I will have to do another photoshoot with him once it is gone. Also he is not actually two yet but we celebrated his birthday today so I'm putting this up today. Also Also I'm still figuring out my camera so bear with me again on the badly lit photos that I don't have the time or energy to edit today. 






















































 

Comments

Popular Posts