SEVEN

 2021 week seven


This week was very snowy and cold for the most part. We stayed home more than usual and it felt great. 

Today it was slightly warmer and the kids desperately needed to get out of the house. We went to a nearby park with a walking path and a playground, it was windy and cold but we still enjoyed it. 


Adele in her pioneer clothes with a doll on her back. 💛




Just like the other kids at this age, Israel is obsessed with the moon. He loves to look for it and say adorable things like "the moon coming to the park with me!" and "I'm just stopping to look at the moon for a minute." 



I made sourdough discard crackers this week. They don't look appetizing but the kids gobbled up two pans within minutes, even my picky eater loved them. I guess I know what I'll be doing with my extra starter from now on!


The rough days are happening a lot more often now (hello very end of pregnancy), and it's not easy, but on this day we went on a quick walk around the neighborhood in an effort to redeem the day. The kids almost always want to stay outside if I just get up the energy to get us all out first. 



We babysat Kylee's boys and Adele was in full caregiver mode loving on them ha. 


Snowy days call for lots of baking. I made this cinnamon raising bread using sourdough starter instead of yeast and it turned out perfect. 


On Tuesday we got dumped with snow so I decided to try and be a fun mom and take the kids on an adventure. It was not the best idea ha. The snow was too deep for the boys to walk in so I had to carry them a lot. Then it ended when Julian fell into the stream pictured below. Luckily we were right by the car so I could quickly strip him down and go home. But in between the hard parts were lots of beautiful snow pictures. Even when outings don't go as planned I'm always glad we got outside at least. 





It had rained before this so the pond was very full then froze over, it looked really cool but I wasn't confident enough in it to let the kids walk on it, much to their disappointment. 












Adele and a big white goose. 




Birdy watching over Esther while she plays in the front yard. 


This week was Israel's turn for a date. We went thrifting of course. He was very pleased with his mickey mouse cash register find. 


My energy level for holidays is about a zero right now, so Leland made our traditional chocolate covered strawberries with the kids last Sunday. 



I'm happy to report that Israel's sleep regression has ended and he is back to sleeping through the night, hallelujah! I pray it lasts at least until I give birth because I am counting on all the kids sleeping through the night and waking up to a new baby. Ha here's to hoping that pans out for me. 





Comments

Popular Posts