FIVE

2021 week Five

Last Sunday, we had Julian's blessing day. We kept it super small and low key. We had do to it at our home due to Covid. It was a lot different than our other kids but that was okay, so much less stress for me. Leland and I had to speak in sacrament meeting that Sunday so I was already stressed enough about that. We are so grateful for Julian. He really is a sweetheart and we can't wait to see who he grows up to be. 




Art time. I always try to paint with the girls and we all love it. One reason I choose to homeschool was so that we could focus on the arts more. The girls are still young but I always feel so filled when we do art, poetry and music study together. 



We had a few unseasonably warm days this week. I am feeling so exhausted lately, I was grateful that the kids were happy to play in the backyard for hours at a time. 






It had been a while since we had been to "Forest School" as the kids call this park. They don't hold Free Forest School there anymore, we miss meeting up with our friends, but the kids always have fun even just with each other. 








Little Israel has been doing slightly better with his sleep. We've tried a few things that seem to have helped a little, a weighted blanket, and magnesium before bed but mostly we've just been riding it out. It is much easier for me to just wait and support and hope it gets better than to feel pressured to fix it. 


Another cute drawing of Adele's. She has been very into school time lately and asked me to spell "girl's dog" so she could label her picture. 


Cute Israel, always by my side. Even though he has already been a big brother for the past 18 months, more than half his life, for some reason he is really feeling all the "baby of the family no longer" feelings as the arrival of this little one gets closer. 










A fail at a group photo of me and the kids ha, I'm sure I'll love this picture someday. 


Another week another sourdough loaf. 


The girls were gifted this adorable doll plus a bag of clothes and accessories from our sweet foster care agency. I have never seen them love a toy more. We've had plenty of baby dolls but they just love this one and played nicely with her for about 5 hours straight the first day. 


Julian didn't want to be left out, he needed a picture with his toy too. 


Sweet baby boy, he's spending more and more time at his mom's and it isn't easy on anyone. I know why they feel like they should do a slow transition, but it is one of the most brutal parts of foster care in my experience. 


Some typical weekday scenes. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts