THREE

This week the weather was pretty mild and we spent a lot of time outside. It was kind of hard week with Israel sleeping so so badly. He wakes up many times a night, and won't sleep unless Leland is on the floor next to his crib. Then when Leland gets up for work at 5 he usually won't go back and is a tired wreck all day. At naptime he falls asleep instantly but usually only sleeps an hour. Adele and Baby Boy wake up fairly often too. We are trying to figure out Israel's issues because it is just so hard on everyone. I am fairly confident he is having these issues because he knows Baby Boy is leaving soon but he doesn't quite understand what is going on and he is worried me or Leland will be leaving permanently too. Also all of my kids have started to have horrible sleep once a new baby is close to coming and they are worried something is up. I know it will pass eventually, it's just tough waiting it out. 

Anyways, after a rough week, Leland watched the kids while I went on some errands Friday afternoon, thrifting and a couple of other stores, plus donuts for everyone which I have been craving all pregnancy and this is the first time I've given in ha. 


On Thursday we got together with some homeschool friends and had a really fun time at the Nature Center with them. We stayed for 4 hours and went on almost all the trails. Adele loved seeing her little BFF and Esther had a lot of fun playing with "so many 6 year olds and 9 year olds". She is almost always the oldest one whenever we get together with other kids, so she really has fun when there are older kids to play with. 



Playtime at the park- These kids thought it was summer when it was in the 40s and sunny. They all played so happily for two hours and it was a great break for me. 












Everyday I make myself a to do list on our white board. It's the only "chore system" or whatever that I've found to work for me. 


After hearing the idea from another mom, I've started having special 1 on 1 time with each of the kids a few times a week. It is only 10 minutes with each of them, but we can do whatever they want for those ten minutes. They really love it. The coveted activity is rubbing lotion on my belly haha. I have already noticed some improvements in their behavior and I am hoping it will help them all with the transition to the new baby. 


I am 32 weeks pregnant as of today. I did a big purchase of almost everything we need (which wasn't very much) and it has all come now, so this baby coming is feeling more real. I am trying to prepare myself for another natural labor and I waver between feeling ready and confident and feeling a little fearful of labor pain or complications. At my last appointment I was 30 weeks but my fundal height was measuring 38. That is totally normal for me and I feel very intuitively that nothing is wrong, but it has worried me that if I have extra fluid ( like I did with Adele's pregnancy) or another complication it could risk me out of a homebirth. I am so looking forward to a peaceful homebirth, and I would hate to have to give birth in a hospital, especially with all the COVID restrictions like having to wear a mask and the kids not being able to come visit. Sigh. I am trying to just focus on the things I have control over, like exercising everyday and eating healthily. And not worry about the things I don't. I don't think my midwife is very worried, I just tend to get anxiety  in the third trimester over every little thing. 





Going outside really does bring a lot of peace and calming to us all. I'm glad I decided to do the 1000 hours outside challenge. We have done 33 hours so far and it has been great. 




How to get your children to enjoy playing in the yard: let them dig holes all over everywhere. 😑






 

Comments

Popular Posts