ONE

 

Week one of 2021

I really need to figure out how to put these photos in order, next time. For now here are some highlights from our first week of 2021. 

Today (Friday) we went of a field trip. Leland had the day off so we went to This is the Place. We had the whole place to ourselves, and despite some of the funner attractions being closed, the kids had a blast. The playground alone is really fun and would keep them entertained for hours. Now that Adele is super into pioneers, she really loved seeing all the pioneer cabins. The new pioneer children memorial is really well done and the kids liked to "act out" each scene next to the statues. We got a season pass (thank you mytechhigh!) so if anyone wants to go with us we'd love to go with friends!






We need a bunk bed like this at our house!







I've been experimenting with sourdough again. It is time intensive and pretty hard, but I succeeded at making a cinnamon raisin loaf that was delicious. 



For art this week we used polymer clay for the first time. The girls each made a picasso face to go along with our lesson and then something for fun. Adele made a ruby ring and Esther a cat keychain. 




This week we started our 1000 hours outside goal. The idea behind this challenge is to match children's screen time with "green time" or time in nature. Since the average child spends 1200 hours a year in front of a screen ( I'm sure that number has gone up a lot during the pandemic). Last year I heard about this challenge and it just seems way too overwhelming and another thing to fail at. This year I'm in a better mindset, the kids are older, and I'm actually really excited about this goal. The first few days of the week we went to a different park each day, that was quite exhausting, but the kids had fun. It will be hard to get outside in January, but I think after that it will be much easier. We got 12 hours this first week so I think we did pretty well! You can read about the challenge and print out a free tracker HERE .







One reason I am doing this weekly blog post is to motivate myself to take more "ordinary" everyday pictures, instead of just when we go some where. 











Books I read this week


A Heart So Fierce and Broken- 5/5 This was a sequel to a book I read last week. I liked this one even better than the first. Clean romance, adventure, and the right amount of fantasy. Read on Libby. 


The Best Laid Plans- 4/5 This is a novella which I am not really a fan of. I prefer more character depth. That being said I'll read anything by Sarah M Eden and this was short but sweet and simple. Bought on Kindle. 



Comments

Popular Posts