Christmas 2019

On Christmas Eve we had a relaxing day at home. I had to run to the store for a few things along with every other person on the planet ha. This year the girls earned money by doing chores which they used to buy gifts for each other. I use this opportunity to try and teach them about being selfless, giving is better than giving etc. I wasn't quite sure it was sinking in, and thought maybe they were too young. But when they did exchange gifts they were both so happy and grateful to each other, maybe it did have an impact? Adele got Esther clip on earrings and Esther got Adele a tiny purse. 







On Christmas Eve after dinner we did a little family nativity reinactment. It is crazy that last year Israel was baby Jesus and now he is already Joseph ha. Then after dinner the kids opened one gift from us, which was matching Christmas pajamas for them. I have always dreamed  of matching Christmas pajamas for my kids and I was so happy we were able to make it happen this year. I have many more pictures of them in the matching pajamas, but I won't post them because I don't want to block baby boy's face off, just know they are adorable.




On Christmas night Adele woke up like 5 times asking if it was morning yet, but then the kids all slept in until 7:30 so it wasn't too bad. I had intended to keep Christmas a simple affair, but we had a lot of generosity from the foster care community, so our kiddos were quite spoiled! I didn't get many pictures, but here is Esther on the balance board she got. She also loves the walkie talkies she got. 



Adele loves the polar bear and the Belle apron she got. Israel likes his train tracks and animal figurines he got. Baby Boy got a sophie the giraffe teething toy that he absolutely loves. 



For Christmas dinner I made my first lattice top berry pie, as well as ham, stuffing, rolls, and green bean casserole. It was a delicious feast. 



I'm not sure why Israel is so unhappy, but I made my first homemade whip cream. It is so superior! I will never buy cool whip again.


The day after Christmas we headed down to my parents house for second Christmas! Now that we have some cousins on this side it was a party! Lots of babies, gifts and fun. 





Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the kids. They got Adele this Big Belle which she has been wanting for years. Her Belle obession is strong. Her happiness in this video is just too pure and I love it. 






Israel had fun with Brooks and Mckay, by next Christmas I am sure they will be best friends. :)


Grandma's house got a little snow, Esther loved exploring the hills behind the house with Grandma, and Israel enjoyed the snow in small durations. 



Some super flattering pictures from when Adele took my phone haha. 











Ignore me in this picture haha. Esther had fun playing store with this cash register she got. 




Christmas just keeps getting funner and funner as the kids get older. It is easy for me to feel like I am missing out if we don't do ALL the things  I can think of. But this year we kept it simple and tried to keep it Christ focused. I had to push down those feelings of needing to do more, but it turned out that the simplicity made it even better. We are very blessed. :)

Comments

Popular Posts