Christmas 2018

Christmas this year was so sweet. I swear having kids just makes everything so magical. They didn't get everything they wanted but they loved all their gifts. I think this year they really understood the true meaning of Christmas, which made everything better too. 

On December 23rd we went to church, all in our Christmas outfits. I love the Sunday before Christmas. After church we went to Temple Square to see the lights. Esther brought her camera and was so cute taking pictures of everything. 










On Christmas Eve we woke up to so much snow! Leland went out to shovel and the kids went with him. Adele came back in 20 minutes later and helped me make food for Christmas. It was Israel's first time in the snow and he loved it. 









Christmas Eve night we did a live Nativity. The girls loved it. Adele was so into her roll as Mary. And heaven forbid we try to have a doll be baby Jesus, it had to be Israel. Esther was also very into her roll as the angel and even memorized all her lines. It was cute. I look forward to u continuing this tradition each year. 







Christmas morning was magical as always. The kids got calico critters and a fort kit and a baby doll. Plus the boring things like new clothes and shoes. Their favorite gifts were the ones they gave each other, which were mermaid bath toys. They had to take a bath later that day to try them out. Israel loved his presents too. It was his first Christmas and I wish I got a better picture of him. 





Playing Hi Ho Cherry Oh from Granny, after their bath. 



We also visited with family and we got to go see M at her new foster home and take her gifts to her. It was nice to see her and I was glad she got all the gifts I chose for her. 

Latet we had Christmas dinner which was ham, funeral potatoes, rolls and green bean casserole. Plus a dutch apple pie that I made from scratch.  I love that Leland has a job that he gets Christmas off every year. I'm feel grateful for all the gifts and the time we were able to spend as a family. 

Now we are getting ready to leave for my parents house because we are surprising the girls with a Disneyland trip! I'm not sure how much of a surprise it will be for Esther but I know the girls will be thrilled none the less. We can't wait and I'll have to take tons of pictures because the girls loooooove looking at the ones from our trip 3 years ago. 

Comments

Popular Posts