Fall Pictures

I have been a slacker when it comes to the blog lately! I blame 4 children, and also trying to catch up on photo books. So here is a huge photo dump of all the things happening the past month or so. 

I love when the children are dressed up so nicely for church and I almost always try to take a picture. :)









We got another pass to the treehouse museum. The kids love it. This day we went while Esther was at school. 



A nice outing to the Nature Center.




















I took these pictures of Israel and Baby Boy in their matching diapers. Despite all the extra laundry, I still love using cloth diapers. We have used them since Esther was a baby and used them (at least part time) for all of our children and foster children. It is a great way to save money and save the earth, plus I love the old fashioned feel of it because I'm weird like that like. 



Kylee, Rickelle and I went to a Jonas Brothers concert on October 4th. It was so much fun! 



I found a little Colts hoodie at a swap for Adele. She loves matching with Dada. 


General Conference probably deserves it's own post. It was great and one of our favorite weekends of the year. We try and make it fun and full of many traditions so the children will look forward to it and enjoy it, until they are old enough to enjoy it for it's own goodness. :) The girls did really well listening and doing quiet activites, the boys, not so much. I wasn't able to listen as much as I would have liked but I've been rereading all the talks and loving them. 




Forest School Fun. I invested in a waterproof rainsuit for Israel so he can play and I won't loose my mind trying to keep him out of the water. He loves Free Forest School almost as much as the girls do. They play a "forest family" game with their best friends. It involved them living in this tree and hunting ducks for food. :D Every week they pick the game right back up. I love seeing them play imaginatively outside. 



























Esther finished up her Flow Rider Surfing. She loved it and did so good! It was difficult for me to keep the children entertained during it, but we made it. I am discovering I am not an extra-curricular activities kind of mom, unless they include all the children. Maybe I will be when I'm not carting around so many babies and toddlers. 



One Saturday I took the girls to a little date to the library while the boys stayed home. 






Recently I read Kirsten, an American Girl, book to the girls. They became obsessed with it and so I begrudgingly (ha) let them have my old Kirsten doll. Adele especially is so in love with her. They wanted to create a birthday party for her just like in the book. Leland was so sweet to help them make the cake, but they set this party up all by themselves and were kind enough to invite Israel. :) I was glad because  I sometimes feel guilty for not doing enough enriching activities associated with homeschool. I think it is more fun when they take charge and do it all themselves like this anyways. :) 













These two sisters have had quite a few fallings-out lately, so it always warms my heart to see them getting along so sweetly. 




 Poor little Israel was sick with a stomach bug. Adele got it briefly but Israel and Baby Boy had it the worst. They were feeling crumby for about a week each. Hopefully we will be spared any more sicknesses this year!






The girls found a Katydid in the yard and it made for quite a fascinating afternoon. At one point Esther was sad when I told her to let her go. Finally she disappointingly said "I am a pet lover, but I guess I can let her be free." Then they made me take all these pictures so the could remember her.










I love our neighbor's weeping willow tree, it is so pretty in the Fall. 


Adele was thrilled to earn this Belle nightgown by staying in her bed all night. 






We went to a Tinkergarten trial class. It was super fun! If you want a fun activity for toddlers or preschoolers I highly recommend Tinkergarten. It is a nationwide program and really fun!









Esther requested the kids all get on these blocks and I take a picture. :)








We got bike trailer for the kids. It was a huge hit, but sadly we only took a couple rides before Leland's bike broke.





The girls are always stealing my phone and taking the silliest pictures. Here is a seiries by Adele titled, "When I wake my mom up way too early"
















Sweet sleeping boy has had to be woken up from many naps for visits and other appointments.




Here is a post I wrote to go along with these pictures of Esther on Instagram.


 Every time we come to the nature center she begs to go to this tree. It is a 1.6 mile walk so we don’t usually have time for it. Today we went and when she was climbing up it she fell and got the wind knocked out of her. I went over to comfort her and try and suggest something else to do instead, but she was determined to climb it. She started back up the tree, still catching her breath and with tears still running down her cheeks. This is her when she got to the top. She was so excited and proud and started telling me that she found “the strangest thing ever: grass growing in a tree!” She has already faced some hard things in her 5 years but she is so brave. She keeps trying and never lets the hard things get her down for long. 💛 .


















 Leland multitasking, another photo by Adele.
\

How to take four children to Walmart. It's all about containment!


One Monday while Esther was at school and the boys were napping, Adele and I made playdough and then worked on this scene from Rapunzel together. 


Pictues of Fawn by Esther



More Treehouse fun 






Adele took this super flattering photo of me doing school with Esther. Along with approximatly 1000 of Baby Boy. 


Leland and I hired a babysitter and have been going on date nights. It has been awesome! 


Sweet Baby Boy. He screams and cries quite a lot, but we still love him. 


It is always a fun day at Forest School when the pond is frozen over. 





The girls showing off their block castles and our new hardwood floors. More about those coming in another post!


After a month long hiatus we returned to our frequent excursions to Dinosaur Park. (The Halloween decorations in October are much too frightening for us!)














Comments

Popular Posts