The Best Month

September is already almost over! I say it is the best month, not because it was the best, but because I really love September these past few years. The weather is nearly perfect, especially at the end of September, for playing outside. Fall is in the air and all the excitement of a new school year. Here is a big photo dump of the past few weeks.


 I was proud of this braid crown I did in Adele's super fine hair.









Esther started Kindergarten at her school and is loving it. 



Adele has been enjoying Monday's at home with me. We always bake a treat and read lots of stories. She does miss Esther a ton though she does play with Israel too. 






The girls got to play with a ferret during a story time at the nature center.






This picture perfectly captures his little wide stance toddle.










I have this nature study curriculum that I am really bad at using, but one lesson we did last year was the Harvest Moon and the girls loved it. So we did it again this year. Unprompted, Adele drew this picture of the family looking at the moon. I adore the way she draws people. 


We drank apple cider, read picture books about the harvest moon while we waited for moon to rise. If you ignore the part where the girls were acting feral afterwards and the next day because they stayed up too late, it is a fun family memory. :)


We had the primary program a few weeks ago. We practiced the girls parts all month until they had them memorized. Here were their parts. 

Adele: I can show my love for Heavenly Father by taking care of my body. I eat healthy foods and exercise. 

Esther: When we pray, we begin with Dear Heavenly Father, next we thank him for our blessings, next we ask for things we need and last we close in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

They both did really well. I was so proud of them for memorizing their parts and they were not afraid one little bit which I don't get haha, 

As the sunbeam teacher I was in charge of containing three, three year olds on the stage for an hour. It was a little rough haha. Towards the end Adele and her little friend, Luke started slow dancing together during the songs haha. He was twirling her around and they had quite the little routine. It was cute and slightly embarrassing. 




Israel got four molars. That's what he worked on all night long this month.


Also this ring sling is amazing and I love it.



Baby Boy turned two months old. He is smiling and cooing and screaming a lot. The times he isn't screaming he is adorable though. And he still sleeps ok too. He is just needy and I probably need to be better about paying attention to his needs before he is screaming. It is a juggling act with four kids, but we're so happy to have him. We found out we will *probably* have him until his permanency hearing in July and we will see what happens then. I have so many cute pictures of him filling up my camera roll, but here is a heart of his beautiful face for now.







I am not a seamstress. I have sewed like two things in my life, but I'm learning slowly. Adele has been begging for a cloak so last weekend I made these fleece cloaks for her and Esther and their dolls. They love them and they are good for dress up play. 




When Adele takes my phones I find a camera roll like this haha. And even more candid pictures of me that I will spare you lol. 


We had our foster care home study to renew our license for another year. Here is a very fake picture with our clean house and peaceful looking children. But also  I love taking pictures like this because even though they don't accurately represent all of my life, they represent the most beautiful parts of my life and that's what I want to remember. 















Esther started flow rider. One of the free classes offered by her school. She is big fan.


"What's this? A wig to be you, Mama?"








Comments

Popular Posts