Summertime Thoughts

1. This last Wednesday our Baby Girl left us to go to a kinship placement. Even though I knew it would probably be a short placement and tried to prepare the girls, it was still a hard goodbye.  Just because she was so cute and sweet and we all loved her. Esther and Adele especially really loved her so it has been hard for me to see them sad about her leaving. I heard recently that a lot of families quit foster care after their first goodbye because it is one thing to put yourself through that but it is very hard to put your kids through that over and over. I struggle with feeling guilty about this too.  It is something we are always mindful of as we try to navigate and re-evaluate our family's capacity and needs. Still when I struggle I usually remind myself about the reason we started doing this in the first place. Anytime I pray about taking placements, the Spirit is very quick to reassure me that this is what we are meant to be doing. He knows our kids and he knows that they are resilient and will be okay.


2. I have loved studying the New Testament this year with the Come Follow Me curriculum. Often, I forget just how amazing the scriptures are at filling my up when I'm feeling empty. I usually read them but when I really study and apply them to my life I feel such power and grace flow into my life. I've always loved learning about Peter and his relationship with Christ (fun fact-we almost named Israel Peter), and this quote about Peter and the apostles really stuck out to me. I hope I can prove my dependability to God. Both in big things like foster care and in little things like teaching primary when I don't feel like it ha.



3. Speaking of teaching primary, here are a few cute pictures of our circus lesson today with Leland and I teaching the three year olds with Israel tagging along. 





4. And to end with here are some pictures from life lately. Yes, Esther does have other church dresses she just refuses to wear them. She has a good 4 month long streak of wearing this one 😝. Israel is a little monkey who loves climbing, always totes around random objects, and has finally taken his first steps this week. Adele is turning into a little bossypants, but she looks cute doing it. Leland is growing his beard out (?!), not sure how I feel about that. 





 T















Comments

Popular Posts