Things They Say




Leland: "Ok I'm going to say the prayer."
Esther: "No! The human on the stage is supposed to say the prayer!"
Esther praying: "Thank you that Israel could be the cutest little chubber-dubber."

Adele: "Me and Esther were playing, I was a little girl who died. Esther laid me in a dead box. Then Esther was Sister Jesus and Sister Jesus brought me back to life!"

Esther: When I get to heaven I will go find Queen Esther and say "Hello, my name is Esther too."

Adele during General Conference: "When are they going to say cheeto?"

Adele everyday: "Mama I'm sorry you was mean to me"




Adele: "Mama, you have a wooden nightstand and Esther... Esther has a plastic nightstand."

Esther: "Is there a nail fairy that comes and takes away your finger nails and gives you a treat?"

Esther: "Jesus is controlling the weather, He made it rain for me!"

Esther while we were doing school: "Mama, you really look like a teacher with those glasses."

Esther: "Mama, is there a little girl in Imagine Dragons Band that sings 'thunda, thu thu thunda'?
Me: "Uh, maybe or it might just be the computer."
Esther: "I know! I can be the little girl and I can sing "thunda thunda" for them! I can be in Imagine Dragons, Mama!"




After I had confiscated the crayons because the girls were fighting over them
Esther: "If you hide our things then we're going to.... *long pause*...hide your things!"

Adele: "You member when we went camping and had a campfire and ate mushrooms?...*pause*... No not mushrooms, marshmallows. I'm silly."

Adele: "I want a brown cookie with yummy sand inside" aka an oreo.

Adele and her compelling need to correct people
Someone: "I'm sitting on a red seat"
Adele: "It's not a seat, it's a bench!"

Someone: "I like your shiny shoes!"
Adele: "Actually, they're not shiny, they're sparkly."

Someone: " I like your pigtails."
Adele: "They're not called pigtails, they're braids."
I could go on and on. If people don't say the exact right word she corrects them lol.

Adele was talking at her typical volume (LOUD) in the library.
An old man to me: "Looks like you have a little chatterbox."
Adele looks right at him and aggressively says: "I am not a chatterbox!"

A woman walks by us and says "What cute little ones."
Adele: "We are not little boys!"
Woman: "I said little ones, not boys."
Adele:"Oh sorry."

Adele has been having a bit of an identity crisis since she gave up her binkies. At least ten times a day she tells me: "Mama I'm still your baby."

Adele: "I'm scared of polar bears and lions, but I'm not scared of the dinosaurs at dinosaur park."

Me: "What happened to the apple I gave you this morning?"
Adele: "Um, it got...damaged... ...I mean eated."

While reading a book
Adele:"Look a lion driving a car!"
Me:"Yeah, that's silly, lions can't drive cars"
Esther: "But remember Mama? With God nothing is impossible?"

Adele: "I'm bleeding!"
Leland: "What's bleeding?"
Adele: "Bleeding is when red is coming out of my fump (thumb)."

Adele: "Mama what are you listening to?"
Me: "A podcast"
Adele: "For what?"
Me: "To help me be a good Mama.
Adele: Well you are not being a good Mama."
Me: "You don't think I'm a good Mama?"
Adele: "No, I just said you weren't being a good mama."

Esther: "When I was in your belly I never wanted to come out. Just like when I'm in the bath I never want get out."

Esther: "Mama, you're 25? I guess you'll be an old woman soon."

When I was making 3 layers for Adele's birthday cake
Adele: "Um Mama? I think you're going a little overboard on my cake."

While we were having a lesson about being stewards of the earth.
Esther: "Let me say something. There are actually two kinds of litter. Human litter and cat litter."

When we were talking about going to the zoo:
Adele: "The monkey will come down and grab my hand and take me back up to his treetop home!"

Adele:"Mama, I have to tell you something. This man's chin...looks like...a bum."

I was laying in my bed with Adele desperately trying to get her to sleep.
Adele: "Actually I'm the mother and you're my child. Go to sleep my child."
Me: "How will you get me to sleep?"
Adele:" I'm going to sit here and ignore you. That's how mothers get their childs to sleep".


Adele: "Heavenly Father built me and sent me down here to you."

Adele: "Jesus said to me, 'You need to be born again' and I said 'How can I go back into my mom's belly?' and he said I could and then I did and I was born again!"
Now I know those Come Follow Me lessons are really hitting home haha. 

Adele: "I need your help, a dinosaur ate my mom. So can you be my new mom?"

Adele: "Dada has elasta-girl arms!!! He stretched his arms and got the scripture book!"

We got a toy cat as a gift for someone.
Esther:" Actually I think this cat can be for me because boys don't like cats..."

Esther after finding mermaid swimsuits at target "Oh this really is a wonderful store!"

Adele to Leland: "Um Dada, you know _____?"
Leland: "Yes?"
Adele: "His face looks kinda....weird."

Adele: "Israel's new name is Lauren Daigle."




Comments

Popular Posts