Cabin Fever

The conodrum with kids in the winter is this. Do we go out somewhere fun and risk getting sick, or do we stay home until spring to avoid getting sick? Well, once they are sick you are home anyways so I decided to just go. Of course I tried to wash their hands but it was basically impossible to keep them 100% away from germs. At the end of January we went to the treehouse and to free zoo day. The kids loved both. At the beginning of February Israel got a cold (maybe rsv?) And had it for 10 long days off and on. Just when I thought he was better (and took him to church 😬) the next day he had a runny nose again. Anyways I hit him up with lots of supplements and luckily it was never serious, mostly just annoying. 


Look who can write her name. As long as it is her idea, not mine. ;)























Baby loved his first taste of spaghetti.







While we were home anyway with a sick baby I decided to potty train Adele! She said she was ready and she did so well! She wore underwear from the beginning and I gave her a ton of lemonade to make her have to go. She figured it out really fast and has only had a handful of accidents. I'm so happy that at least 1/2 children so far was super easy to potty train. She is still in diapers at night, just because I'm lazy ha. But I am so glad to just have one in diapers now. 



Last week we had Esther's annual appointments at Primary Children's, so we went to the ice castles after. It was a long day, but Esther really loved it. Adele woke up from a late nap right as we got there and was pretty grumpy. Though she did keep whining to me as I lugged her around "it's just...so...beautiful" haha. I'm glad she could appreciate the beauty in her bad mood. Leland thought it was overpriced and I had to agree but it was fun to visit at least once. 







The girls have made this swimsuit Israel's mermaid costume haha. 




Still a happy boy even when he was sick. 




This bad picture is to tell you that I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time last week. I loved it and now I feel like I'm a true adult who appreciates classic literature. 😂


Me and E breaking out to go on a bike ride/walk. 


Pictures before church. Esther's been in a mood lately. 😂






Lots of rocking this sweet baby cause now he is teething. 


We just got another 3 inches of snow today. Spring we are ready for you!

Comments

Popular Posts