Two Months with Israel


Israel is two months old now. He is a little giant! At his two month appointment yesterday he was 14lbs 7oz (95th%) and 24.5 inches (95th%) with a 15.5 inch head (70th%). He is easily filling out his 6 month clothes and we basically missed the train with his 3-6 month clothes because most won't snap over his cloth diapers ha. He is already a pound bigger than Adele was at 2 months old. And here is Esther at two months.

He is a very happy baby. I think my standards for a "good" baby ger lower each time because each one seems to be easier. Israel reminds me a lot of Esther as a baby, in looks and in temperament.

He doesn't like his carseat still and that's the only time he cries badly. He loves to go outside and be worn in the solly wrap. He falls right to sleep and I usually keep him in there whenever we leave the house. He is a little tricky to get to sleep and loves to sleep on either me or Leland, but will make do with sleeping on the boppy or in the swing if I am busy.


He sleeps well at night, usually falling asleep around 8, transferring to his bassinet and sleeping there until 2 or 3 when he comes into bed with me and sleeps in until 8 or so. He doesn't really like to be swaddled but I keep trying it in a desperate attempt to get him to nap better.





He eats every 2-3 hours during the day. Luckily we have had an easy time breastfeeding and he is a great eater, obviously :) 

He loves baths but has only had like 5 real baths in his life because #third baby ha

On a similar note he had not had nearly as much tummy time as the girls did because Adele always attacks him if I lay him down. I have read that babywearing uses the same muscles as tummy time though, and he has great head control so I'm not too worried. 




I know I'm biased but everytime I have another child I am so surprised by how unbelievably cute they are. Like I made that little face. I just think Israel is so adorable, he has to be the cutest baby on Earth right? Ha I'm sure all moms feel the same.  

We sure love you little Isri boy ❤



Mid-sneeze

*Editing to add a post from Instagram that I want to save here.

This time last year I was heartbroken after experiencing our first miscarriage. Little did I know that this little dream baby would be joining our family soon. He has been the easiest pregnancy, delivery and recovery so far and I'm so grateful God knew to send him just when I needed him. ❤ #rainbowbaby


Comments

Popular Posts