Our Second Foster Placement

When Israel was 10 days old I got 2 emails and 2 calls for foster children. The first call was a sibling set that I quickly said no to for various reasons. The second call, was for a two year old girl. They were removing her from her home as we spoke and wanted to know if we could take her. They told me all the details of the case, I told them I would talk to Leland and call them back.

It was a Monday night and we had just finished up a super sweet FHE with the girls and Leland's mom who was staying with us at the time. It is always a difficult and prayerful decision for us when we decide on a placement. Israel was (and is) so tiny and new but we really felt like we should say yes.

So only 1 hour after the call I quickly left to go pick her up from the children's shelter in our area. "L" as we will call her has been with us for almost two weeks now and so far it has been ok. The first few days were rough (especially since I was in the hospital with Israel), but we were lucky to have help from both Leland's mom and my mom.

She is a sweet little toddler. I was prepared for tantrums and sleepless nights and although there have been a few of those it has gone much better than expected. We call her Adele's twin because she is the exact same age and size as Adele.

Taking care of four kids under 5 has been a little tricky, but honestly it's just balancing the needs of a newborn and the older ones, which I would be doing with or without L with us. She does have lots of appointments that keep us busy but those should be slowing down soon too.

We don't know how long L will be with us, you never really do with foster care. Things could change quickly but for now we are happy to be able to help her and as crazy as it is, we do enjoy having all these little ones.

Foster care makes blogging and social media a little difficult as we aren't allowed to post private information or pictures. I will try to keep updating the blog and Instagram though, if only for me to look back on and remember.

Sorry if this post is pretty scatterbrained. I am running on little sleep, but as I said, we are doing well. Things are a bit hard but I know hard doesn't mean bad. We are happy and hopefully things will be easier with time.



Comments

Popular Posts