Father's Day, Birthday and More

Last Sunday was Father's Day.  We are so grateful to have Leland. He is an amazing Dad and is so helpful with the girls. He has stepped up to foster parenting seamlessly
 When we got married, having a husband who would be a great dad was one of the most important things to me and he hasn't let me down. :)

We gave him slippers and chocolates for father's day. Esther sang her loudest for him with the primary in sacrament meeting. It was adorable. :)

This is how Israel is the first hour of church. He loves the wrap and goes right to sleep in there.


Israel in his tiny church outfit. :)





We have spent a lot of time in our backyard the past few weeks. It is so shady that it basically feels perfect all summer long. 

Adele has been doing much better these past couple of weeks. She still loves Israel so much, but she is generally more gentle with him and wakes him up less. I have tried to give her lots of hugs and attention too. She is a sweetheart. 



My cousin Jessica has been coming to help me a couple times a week this summer. It has been sooooo helpful. We took the kids to dinosaur park while L was at a visit. They loved it and it reminded me that they do much better when we get out of the house once in a while. 




Matching diapers :) Having 3 in diapers is a task. They are all in cloth diapers when we're at home. It hasn't been as bad as I thought though, way easier than potty training. 


On Thursday was my birthday and I turned 25. It was a good day and I bought myself a great store-made cake. Leland obliged me by taking pictures of me with the kids. #instagramhusband Today we went on a date to celebrate with only Israel along with us. It was great. I got my favorite food then went shopping for clothes for me and the kids. What more could a girl want. :)





Yesterday Esther had her last day of swimming lessons. She improved so much in her swimming! She didn't master all the floats she was supposed to, but she did finally learn to put her face under and jump in, so I'd say it was a success. She is so brave and confident in the water now. We are so proud!


Yesterday we all went to the Fairy Festival together after Leland got off work. Esther's fairy obsession has been replaced by a mermaid obsession, but she still had fun. All the girls did. Afterwards we had a picnic dinner at a park. It was a nice summer night. 







Leland and I didn't get a picture from our date, but here is one of us chilling and talking in the backyard while the girls play. Just a couple of sleep deprived people living the dream. :) We give 100% of ourselves into parenting these kids, and getting time together is rare but there is no one else I'd rather do it with than him.

Comments

Popular Posts