Wedding Weekend, Foster Care and Life Lately

Last weekend we went down to St. George for Bennett's wedding. The girls got to be flower girls and loved it! Except for when Esther ran out of flowers before she even got to the aisle so she sat down frustrated haha. But really they were so good and so adorable and not sick for once! Basically my biggest parenting accomplishment has been keeping them from getting any sicknesses all of December so they would be healthy for the wedding. 






It was a fun time and great to spend time with family and we're excited to have a new Aunt/SIL in the family. :)



The girls did well with the drive and with sleeping while we were there so it was a great trip all around. It made me think that maybe we might survive driving to Texas this summer. 



Right before we left for the wedding we got our first foster care placement call. It was for a 6 year old boy, so a few years out of our age range. We were leaving for the wedding the next day so we felt like we had to say no. It is honestly probably for the best that we said no because we are not physically or emotionally prepared for a school age child, especially for our first placement, but man the guilt has just been eating at me ever since saying no. His story was so heartbreaking and I just keep worrying about him and hoping he is ok and with a good family.

I felt at peace with us saying no, and we've been told in our classes it is ok to say no and to stick to your limits, but it's been hard. I hope we can get a placement that is a good fit for our family soon. All this waiting has got me so anxious and doubting everything like "hmmm maybe we weren't even supposed to do this at all and maybe I was wrong about everything and maybe we won't even get a placement until we have a newborn and it will be too hard". Ha I guess that is probably just Satan sneaking in and trying to make me doubt myself, right?




Aaaaanyways. We are good. We have no more things planned until May when Baby Boy is due. Just staying home and playing and learning and coziying up when it's too cold to go outside and always going out to play as soon as it's above freezing to keep myself sane. ;)







Comments

Popular Posts