Adele is TWO!


Our sweet little Adele is two! Honestly it seems like she has been two a while because she talks so well. Today at her well check she weighed 27 lbs 8oz (60th percentile) and was 34.5 inches tall (75th percentile).  She is definitely smaller than Esther was at this age, and it's hard to believe she is the same baby who was off the chart in weight a couple of years ago.  :) She wears 24m and 2t clothes and is starting to fit into a few 3t things.


Adele has the sweetest personality. As I've said before she is so loving and feels everything so intently. Lately, since Esther moved to primary, she has been having a hard time in nursury. She will tell me "I really need you Mama" while she snuggles into me, then she will fall asleep on me when I take her to class with me. She will also tell me "I feeling sad, I miss my Esther" when Esther is at preschool. 

She loves taking care of people. Her favorite game is to help me and Leland go to sleep. She will rub our face and say " I got you, you go to sleep". She tells me she loves me all day and follows me everywhere. I've never felt so much love and devotion from anyone as I get from her. I love it but honestly it is a little suffocating sometimes, especially when she has her arms around me in a headlock 60% of the day. ;) But I really do try and cherish it because I know she'll be independent soon. 


She loves babies, kitties, books and shows. She loves playing with Esther and they get along really well for two toddlers. She loves Moana and Frozen just like Esther. She is a good eater and eats almost everything we give her, with the caveat that she must eat all her meals on my lap. 

She has become a good sleeper these past months. She is still rocked to sleep but once we put her in the crib she'll sleep through the night most of the time. She is rocked to sleep for naps too and takes a nap everyday. The main obstacle we have with her sleep is trying to get her and Esther in the same room. We've tried a few times and they always wake each other up the whole night.  :/


As I said she is quite the little talker. She speaks in full sentences and uses most words correctly. She is probably at a 3 year old level when it comes to talking. I love hearing her words and her ideas are so adorable. 


After weaning she decided she loves binkys and became super attatched to the binky. She loves it and even though we try to limit it to naps and bedtime she wants it in her mouth all the time. I'm hoping she'll give it up on her own soon, we'll see. 



On Saturday we had a little party for her. Her only request was a Moana cake so we made that happen for her. It was just a small party, but she loved it and loved hee presents. Afterwards we went swimming and her and Esther had a great time. 












I made a little movie compiling some videos of her first two years. I'm no expert and I couldn't fit all the videos I wanted too, but I love how it turned out and I love being able to look back on her babyhood. :)

Comments

Popular Posts