Life Lately


Life has been scooting right along for us at the Hunt household. There has been a lot going on that has taken my attention from blogging, so stay tuned for some announcements coming up around here. :)



Also speaking of time, I have been recently trying to cut back on social media time, and admittedly not been doing a very good job of it. I feel like it is just so easy to get sucked into your phone and forget about the people right in front of you. I have been posting less on Instagram stories and trying to take more actual pictures, usually just with my phone, but still, at least then I can blog them and they're not lost in my SD card black hole forever. 

Anyways, I would love to hear what other people do to keep their cell phone from taking over their lives. I am so glad that E and A are way too young for phones because I feel like I need to get my own habits under control before I start monitoring any one elses ha. Both girls will tell me to stop being on my phone, which made me feel super guilty and I've been trying to only look at it when their asleep. I've toyed with the idea of deleting FB and Instagram off my phone completely and just using this blog, but I feel like I'd miss too much so idk what to do. So yeah, give me all the advice/experiences! 







In other news the weather finally cooled down these past couple of weeks. We have enjoyed being out at parks and such more. Honestly I would much rather take my kids out in 50 degree weather than 90 degree weather. A couple of weeks ago we took Leland with us to the nature center again. We did a longer hike, saw some real life "Bambi's" as Adele calls them, and had a great time. The girls loved the teepee and showing Leland the bald eagle of course. 




 We also went back to the treehouse this week after it was closed all of September. The girls love it and it is nice to go somewhere to play on a rainy day.



Adele calls these "my babies" and has to go see them everytime we're there. She cries when she has to leave them too ha. I think I know what she'll be getting for Christmas.




Esther has been so into Halloween this year. She loves to identify every decoration she sees and we are always going on walks around the neighborhood to see what is new in the Halloween department. That being said she wasn't too sure about this mask haha. Adele was skeptical too and wouldn't let me put one on her. 


We had an appointment near our old stomping grounds today so we went to Wheeler Farm after. They have a lot of new wooden statues that are pretty cool. 








I'm so happy Fall is here. It is my favorite time of year and I'm looking forward to doing all the fun Holiday things with two toddlers this time. :)



Comments

  1. I feel ya on the too much phone issue around kids. I just try to leave it in my room with the sound/alarms silent. That helps me a bit. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts