All About Baby #3


I'm sure everyone saw on social media, we are expecting baby #3, and we are so excited! I am just about 12 weeks now and finally seeing the light at the end of the survival mode first trimester tunnel. This pregnancy has been so different from the girls, making me think I'm having a boy, but we'll see. We would be happy with either, except for Esther who is convinced it is a girl. She will be devastated if it is a boy ha. 


Because I got pregnant right after our miscarriage I was able to get lots of bloodwork and early ultrasounds to make sure things were going well this time. At our first ultrasound I was only 6 weeks 1 day, and the ultrasound showed only a gestational sac and nothing else. I was pretty worried until we went back two weeks later and we saw a tiny little blob with a heartbeat. Our most recent ultrasound was at 10 weeks and things still looked great. I am so grateful that things are going better this time. We are so excited to have a new baby in the family in May. 

A few people have asked if we are still planning to do foster care, and the answer is yes. We pretty much knew all along that we would have more biological kids in the midst of doing foster care, so it's not a huge change of plans. We know it will be a challenge to have lots of little ones but we still feel that it's what the Lord wants us to do right now. 

No matter the gender, I am so happy to be having a spring/summer baby! I have to resist buying all the bonnets and cute swaddle blankets. I will do more pregnancy updates soon since I know everyone loves those. ;)





Comments

Popular Posts