5 Things for Friday

1. TRUNK OR TREAT
Wednesday was our ward's trunk or treat. The girls loved it of course. They both picked their costumes themselves from kid to kid. I had wanted Adele to wear the cute kitty costume that Esther wore 2 years ago but alas she wanted to be a princess like Esther. This ward knows how to do it, the girls got a ton of candy and we had delicious food after. All these pictures turned out blurry :'( I'll have to try and get better ones on Halloween.





2. A WEEKEND TRIP
Last weekend we took a trip down to my parents house. My mom offered to watch the girls overnight so Leland and I could have a break. A little babymoon before we become foster parents and add baby #3. It was the first time we left the girls and they did really well. Luckily they love Grandma and Grandpa's house. I took zero pictures of Leland and I, but we went on a tour of Brigham Young's summer house in St. George, went out to dinner and chilled at our hotel with no children. :) 




3. FOSTER CARE UPDATE:
We did our homestudy on October 6th. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We passed easily and our licensor said everything looked great. The interview was pretty awkward as they ask you everything about your life ha. I'm glad it's over. We are now officially licensed by the state, however the DCFS has to read over and approve it before we can get calls for placements. So that's what we are waiting on. They said it would take a couple weeks so I'm really hoping it will be done before Thanksgiving. That is a month away but everything in government is super slow so that's still optimistic. Our licensor said both of the Christmas Box Houses ( children's shelter) are at full capacity. That makes me so sad, I hope we are able to help one child soon. 

4. BB
I have yet to take any pregnancy pictures. I feel like I am definitely showing though. I really don't know if this one is a boy or girl. I'm leaning towards girl now as I was sicker from weeks 10-12 than the rest of the first tri. I haven't really had any cravings. Just major food aversions. For the first 8 or so weeks I didn't eat any sugar because it grossed me out. I can eat sweet things now but it's definitely not my favorite like it used to be. The only foods I am really in the mood for is protein and vegetables. I guess this baby is keeping me healthy. I am looking forward to feeling him or her move, hopefully it won't be too long! 

5. FALL PICS
The weather has been so nice lately. Today we went to the park and Esther rode her bike there and back, I was so proud! Esther loves playing outside and would stay for hours. Adele has a harder time but loves to be pushed on the swing. 

















Comments

Popular Posts