Sorrel’s Blessing Day


Our sweet baby Sorrel was given a name and a blessing on October 8th 2023. Leland gave her the blessing along with several of our family and friends and bishop standing in the circle with him. 


This was our first baby blessing in our new ward and new house. I'm not going to lie it was a little stressful planning everything. This was our first baby to be blessed since my dad passed away and that made me sad. For our first couple of kids, baby blessings involved a lot of my family members but since losing my dad that has changed too and that makes me sad too. I tried hard to get my grieving out of the way before this event and just focus on our sweet baby, and her getting her blessing, since that iw what matters. In the end it turned out to be a beautiful and peaceful day and I'm so grateful. 



Look at this darling girl! I bought her a new blessing dress, (as opposed to using the one the other girls had used) and I love it! 



Leland and I had a little discussion about Sorrel the day prior to her blessing, just talking about her strengths and things we've noticed about her and what we think she might be like. As well as our hopes and dreams for her.  I'm not one of those people who can take their baby's measure right off the bat. It's not until they're a year or two old that I can see distinct differences in their personalities. So their baby blessings are always a fun insight into who they might be. 


Leland blessed Sorrel that she would be a light for others, that she would be a peaceful person and that she would be able to overcome her fears. He also blessed her that she would be valiant in her testimony of Jesus Christ in the perilous times she will live in. The bishop commented that she gave him a huge smile during her blessing, which I thought was telling of the type of happy girl she is. 



I'm so grateful for our family and friends that came for the blessing. I missed those who weren't there but I know some were there in spirit. As we were sitting in Sacrament Meeting after her blessing I was reflecting back on her long and hard pregnancy and long and hard birth and how much I saw the Lord's hand in my life this past year. I was  just feeling so immensely grateful for the gift she is in my life, and for all the many blessings the Lord has given me. 












See also:

 

Comments

Popular Posts