New Baby Yay

 October 20th 2022 was the day I found out we are expecting our 6th little baby! There had been a quiet feeling in the air in our family that it was getting time for another baby. Israel would ask me constantly if there was another baby in my belly and when I answered in the negative, he was quick to ask "why not?" as if he felt that there really ought to be and I should realize that. I kept having dreams about being pregnant and newborns, and Leland knew it was time long before I did, he seems to see around the chaos, and fullness of our lives, and my own many feelings of inadequacy and failings, into the further blessings awaiting us in a way that I can't always seem to.

It's a thing people don't really talk much about, deciding to have another baby, and I think it's kind of assumed that when people decide to have big family, then a big family they shall have, without putting any thought or effort into it. And it hasn't been that way for us, although we do enjoy having a big family, we have never had a specific number in mind. Each baby is it's own prompting, an invitation and a response. And of course, having had a miscarriage in the past, and what seems like several of my friends going through miscarriages, we know nothing is a guarantee. Even having had 5 children already this baby is a wonderful blessing to us and we are so excited to have them join our family. 


I didn't tell the kids right away because a part of my heart wants to save them from disappointment in case something does go wrong, but excitement and a desire to celebrate this little soul with them won out and we told them a couple weeks after we found out. I printed this little card off the internet and put into a gift bag with a onesie and a pregnancy book. Esther was the first to figure out what we were telling her and they all were ecstatically excited. 








I had to find a new midwife this time since my old one retired. A sad day because I loved her and didn't want to ever have a baby without her! But I did find a new midwife that  I like and  I hope she will be just as good. I didn't plan to get a first trimester ultrasound, but when we went to my first appointment and couldn't pick up the heartbeat with a doppler (not unusual in the first trimester I later learned) we opted to take a quick little peek and make sure baby was alright in there. And indeed all was well. The kids were able to be there too and see the baby which was special. 



10 weeks pregnant

I had an unusual first trimester in that I was hardly sick at all. Just a few hours on a few days here and there  I felt nauseous, but nothing like the daily throwing up I had with Esther, Adele and Moses' pregnancies. (Israel's was a sickness free pregnancy as well). I don't really know what makes the difference, but I was very grateful to not be laid low and unable to function due to morning sickness, since we have been so busy with selling our house. I think we had about 35 showings during my first trimester, it was a crazy time! (more on that in a later post).  

15 weeks pregnant

Although I didn't experience very much sickness I did experience SO much exhaustion. From about 5 weeks on  I was so so tired all the time, especially after dinner, typically my most productive time of the day. It lessened as the first trimester ended and now I am pretty much able to do all I need to again, so I am grateful for that. 



8 weeks pregnant


I am 18 weeks now and the feel I get for this baby is very quiet and laid back (which was Israel as a baby also). I hope that's true! I have hardly been able to feel the baby move which I think is due to an anterior placenta, but we will find out for sure at our anatomy scan in a couple of weeks. It's been easy to forget I'm pregnant, as  I haven't had many symptoms, aside from an unusually large belly ha. Moving has been a big stress during this pregnancy, wondering where  I will give birth and where we will be living when this baby is born, but now that that is pretty much settled I'm feeling much better. I have never had a summer baby before, and the timing of July for a baby feels exciting. It will be perfect for our homeschool schedule. We aren't finding out the gender again, and of course the girls are hoping and praying for a baby sister. I don't have any inklings either way, but I am very baby hungry and I will be so happy to have and enjoy a newborn again, if I can get any time with him or her with how much the kids will all be wanting to hold this baby. :)


12 weeks pregnant








Comments

Popular Posts