THIRTY-FIVE

 August 29-September 5 2021


Now that summer is over, I am back to doing weekly learning logs for homeschool, so maybe now I can keep up with the blog too. These past few weeks have been like a "new normal" for me. I've been learning to parent, live, with grief and all that that entails. My mom has been staying with us a lot and that has been helpful. We stopped school for the funeral, and right as we started it back up, the boys came down with RSV, and Israel with RSV and possibly pneumonia. They all recovered well though, even Moses. It wasn't fun but he got through the RSV well without any treatment besides breastfeeding and all my natural remedies. This week the boys finally were symptom free so we could start going places again after about ten days of staying home. 



Leland had his 33rd birthday. The kids were so happy to celebrate a birthday. Leland had an ice cream cake and got  a new phone. 



We had to break out the pool for the last couple of weeks of summer. 



Adele said "All my life I've dreamed of holding Moses in a carrier!"





Poor sick little baby. 






Visiting the calves at the farm where we buy our milk. 



It's starting to feel like fall in the mornings and evenings. I'm so excited! Time to break out the bonnets and sweaters. The boys told me Moses looked like a "little globlin" in his new hat. 









Moses is five months old now. These pictures reminded me of this post. He is ready for a crib and a high chair now! Well not quite the high chair yet but he sure does look cute in it. 








My sisters and I went to the Jonas Brother's concert! We were on the 11th row and it was so fun! It was great to just have fun for one night. And Moses even took a bottle while I was gone. 






Saturday we had a busy day. We went to one of the kid's friend's birthday parties in the morning, then drove down to do two hikes on Leland's hiking challenge. 




This climbing structure was a favorite. The boys about gave he a heart attack when they were up there. 




Adele was eating a sandwich at the party and lost her first tooth! We didn't even know it was loose! She is only five and a half and my heart is not ready for her to be a big girl! Esther lost her tooth at a little over 6. 








Stewart Falls was a pathetic little trickle this year because of the drought. It was sad. 







Look how much has changed since the first time we hiked Stewart Falls. (eight years later and I can breastfeed a baby on a log in the woods, no sweat.)


And another time we hiked Stewart Falls in this post






We saw what we thought was a deer, people on the trail were saying it was a deer, but it seemed so huge! After a while I realized it was an elk. I hadn't ever seen an elk in the wild. It made me think of and miss my dad. 





Such pretty views on this hike. 



We went to Bridal Veil falls too. Not for very long because Israel fell in and got drenched and cold. 






This afternoon we had our annual back to school picnic. I took pictures of all the kids, Leland gave them each a back to school blessing, and we talked about our yearly theme. This is the first year we've done a theme and I felt inspired to make it the scripture from the story of Esther "for such a time as this". I know not all parents can or want to homeschool, but in these perilous times it has been such a blessing for our family. Of course our kids miss out on some fun things, but I feel like the close relationships and bonds we have as a family far make up for it. We aren't a perfect family by any means, but I'm so grateful I can at least teach my children the gospel every single school day













The world feels so scary lately, but I know that the Lord really did send these strong souls to earth now, at this time "for such a time as this". 






Comments

Popular Posts