TWENTY THREE + TWENTY FOUR

 2021 weeks 23 and 24

June 5-18


It's been hard to keep up with the blog lately. I'm not sure how much I like this weekly post format, but I'll try to catch up here soon. 

First off on June 6th we had Moses's Baby Blessing. He worse the same outfit Israel did, just a little more filled out . ;) I was so glad we were able to have the blessing back in Sacrament Meeting, with no masks. We had lunch in our backyard afterwards and the weather was perfect. A lot of our family wasn't able to make it but it was great to celebrate with the family that was there. 






I just love our little Moses so much. Leland gave him a beautiful blessing that included, among many other wonderful things, blessing him with a kind heart and to be known for his kindness towards others. I loved that. I have felt that he is a sensitive little soul and I'm just so so grateful to have him. I feel more and more the sacred and holy work of raising babies the more I have. I feel so grateful to have been blessed with another beautiful baby. I love blessing days and Moses looked like the little angelic boy that he is. Until he had a blow out in his blessing outfit ha. Luckily it was after we got home. 





















After trying and failing to do one-on-one dates with each of the kids each week,  feeling like it only made the sibling rivalry worse, I felt impressed to stop focusing on one on one time and start focusing on family home evening. It's true we have slacked off in family home evening in the past couple of years, but with doing home church and all of us being home every single day of the week, I didn't really feel like it was needed. But I was prompted to get back to it, and since we have been I've been reminded of how inspired the concept is. If you are feeling disconnected with your spouse, the recommended thing to do is to connect through fun things like date nights, you need to spend more time together not less. So it makes sense that when the family is having lots of rough days what we need to do it spend time all together, having fun and connecting. These pictures are from a family bike ride we did for our FHE activity. Adele is so close to getting the hang of a two wheeler. 



Library trips and this human body toy the kids begged to check out from the library. 



I had fun turning us all into animated characters. 


Enjoying the backyard on slow summer days. 








Walks are my go to remedy whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed/sad/whatever. 



We went on a quick weekend trip to Haylee's baby shower. We are all so excited for Baby Heyrend!














We had a big heat wave at the beginning of June and the kids finally enjoyed a kiddie pool. 





We've resumed our trips to "Forest School" and I love being out in nature with the kids. Our friends showed us a hummingbird's nest. The eggs are sooooo tiny, about the size of a pea and the next week when we checked again they hatched into little black blobs. 










I love our sunshiney kitchen in the mornings. 


Bed head 


Telling me stories 


I know I've gushed over Moses a ton on this post, but I just can't with his cute little face. He is adored every moment of his little life by his trope of fans. He is so so loved and can do no wrong. 














Comments

Popular Posts