NINETEEN

 2021 week nineteen


Last Saturday we got the garden ready and planted a few things. 












This week started out with Mother's Day. Everyone made sure I had a good day and I'm grateful. With this number of little kids  I keep my expectations low and so anything that goes well makes the day special. I didn't want to stress about getting a nice picture with the kids, but I was pleasantly surprised by these pictures Leland snapped as  I fed Moses on the front porch and the kids played in the yard. I love this little pack of ragamuffins. 





We found a bird's egg on the walk to church. 



Esther drew this picture of a hand at church and wanted me to take a pictures 


I think Moses was appalled by my photographing him in his state of indecency. 





We spent lots of beautiful hours outside the week. 



This poor kid can't catch a break. He was sick AGAIN this week, and on his birthday. I spent time cleaning vomit out of carseats and worse. Please pray for no more sickness at the Hunt household. 




Feeding Mosey while we wait for Julian at speech. 





Portrait of a tired nd happy mother. 



Can you believe how much he's changed in just seven weeks?! Seven weeks ago he was in my belly!












We postponed Israel's birthday but ended up celebrating the next day. He was so excited for his digger cake. I love making cakes for the kids birthdays. We wished we could have had more people come over but since some of the kids were still sick it was just us. 




















My sweet little Israel. He is such a handful, like a stubborn emotional handful. Everything  he does has to be his idea. I feel like I constantly have to trick him to do things. He is hilarious and has a great grasp on language  and that plus three year old emotions that makes him even funnier. He is always telling me things like "I'm going to say 'bad'. You bad mama!" (the kids aren't allowed to call people bad). He also says things like "I'm going to tear you into pieces!" or "You makin me cry!" When he says these things I know I should probably do something but I almost always can't help but laugh, which of course makes him even more upset. He will not tolerate being laughed at. (A super fun stage all of the kids are in right now). But I digress. 



He has been potty trained since 2.5 (his idea) and recently gave up his binkies (my idea). He has a very very good memory and can sing the lyrics to songs after hearing them only once. He is very much an auditory learner and is always repeating sounds he hears. Although he can be very angry, he is also very sweet and will always give me cuddles and kisses. 







And now we are done with birthday seasons. Sorry all your birthdays this year were rough kids. Fingers crossed everything will be back to normal by next year. 


Driving anywhere in the new van is still a novel experience. 









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts