Things They Say






Adele: I’m so tired. My head is already asleep but my feet are still walking.

Esther: Is this our first afternoon?
Me: No, everyday has an afternoon.
Esther: Well I’ve never felt afternoon before...

Adele: I am the nature child.
Esther: Where are your mom and dad?
Adele: I don’t have any, I take care of myself.
Esther: That’s actually kind of sad.
Adele: No, the world is my pantry.

Adele: Heavenly Mother has beautiful eyes, just like mine.

Adele: Mama, you smell like sweet creamy milk.

Adele: My mom tree cries when it rains.
Me: Why?
Adele: Because she’s cold and rain drips down her leaf eyes. 
Me: When does she get happy again?
Adele: When it stops raining, of course.

Adele: I’m so happy I feel like crying because you took me here (costa vida).

Adele: I don’t like it in there. It is so loud I can’t even hear my voice talking.

Adele calls Swiss cheese “squish” cheese.

Leland told the girls that gravity made the Halloween banner fall down. The next morning Adele said “Oh gravity! He’s been out here pulling the banner down again!”.

Esther when she had gum for the first time “I’m so grown up, I’m like a teenager.”

Adele: Anne of Green Stables is just like me because we are both always talking.

Earlier in the evening Fawn had gotten scared and scratched Esther.
Esther: I know Birdie will talk to Fawn and teach her to be a good pet because she is Fawn’s mother.

Adele stalling bedtime: Something is making my legs so itchy I will have to scratch them a long time. You’ll have to patient.

Esther: Let me tell you the real secret of why I must wear my shell shirt everyday. So that when mermaids see me they will know I have the mermaid heart and show themselves to me.

Esther: Santa is like Jesus and the elves are like all the angels.

Adele: Mama, if you’re mad just drive the car like a roller-coaster ok?

Adele: Esther has Birdy for a pet but I don’t have a pet.
Me: What pet do you want?
Adele: A polar bear.
Me: A polar bear won’t fit in our house.
Adele: Mama, I would keep it outside! 

Esther: Do you in love me the best because I’m your most pretty child?

Adele : I’m going to give Trove a priesthood (blessing). *puts her hands on the dolls head and whispers some words*
I gave Trove a priesthood because her head keeps falling off, so now she is better.

Adele: Mama I want to tell you my dream.
Me: Go for it. 
Adele: Ok, it was a very scary dream. I was in my bed and I hid under my covers to protect myself from my dream. I saw a shadow of scare on my dresser. It was a shadow of a big scary rat! I was so scared. Then the sun came up and I saw it was just a shadow of my boots. 

After I was struggling to get Israel to eat when he was sick.
Adele: Don’t worry Mama, he must be fasting.

Adele: This wind is bittering cold.

Adele: I can do it.....but I just can’t do it. 

Adele: Let me tell you what mama. 
Me: What?
Adele: I am actually big enough to sit inside the grownup seat with no car seat. Because I can buckle that buckle. So I can sit in it. So I don’t need my car seat anymore ok mama?

Esther: Why is the place of games called Fatcats?
Me: I really don’t know.
Esther: Because it’s really big and the games are as fun as petting a cat?

Adele: Oh Mama, you’re just so precious to me. 

Adele: Are there princesses in our world?
Esther: Yes, we are princesses Adele.
Adele: But I don’t know how to chew like a princess.... 

Adele: I’m playing Belle, a different version where she does marry Gaston, and then she teaches him to read. 

Adele: Did you know that Gaston thinks Belle’s chapter book has no pictures, but really it has just one picture. It is about a girl finding a Prince Charming but she doesn’t know it’s him until chapter 3. I heard that in little town... I listen very carefully to hear things about Belle. 

Adele 
Hercules= Ferkuly
Humidifier=Mediumfire

Me: When I was little I had a scary dream that elephants were running down my street. Then when I told my mom about that dream, then I realized that that dream was really kind of silly and not very scary. So sometimes telling people your scary dreams helps.
Adele: Mama, your dream was just pretend because guess what? Elephants actually CAN’T run. They can only walk very fast. Only rhinos can run. I learned that from Wild Kratts. 

Me: If someday I have another girl baby do you want to name her Indy?
Esther: No, I have better names in mind.

Adele: Next time we go to Disneyland and meet Elsa we HAVE to tell her to show us her magic. 

Out of nowhere
Adele: Mama I need to tell you something.
Me: Ok, what?
Adele: In the movie of Alice in Wonderland, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle dum do not let her go, they just keep dancing with her. Then when they’re not looking she just runs away.

Adele: Mama did you know Gaston spits and he has hair everywhere even on his nipples and his nipples are as big as a mama’s, but he really is a boy...with long hair... 

Me: What’s all this junk under your bed?
Adele: It’s not junk, it’s my tweasures. 

Adele: Mama, did Heavenly Father have to bam us together with a hammer to make us? 

Adele: Mama I’ll tell you one bad thing Gaston does. Taking Belle’s books and throwing them in mud puddles?

Adele: Mama when I’m a grown up you will not have to worry about a thing. I’m going to take care of you ok?

Adele to Israel: Get back here you little illiterate!


Esther: I hate that racket! (Israel screaming)
Adele: He’s not racket! He’s my husband!

Adele: You know that song from Harry Poppins? (She mixed up Mary Poppins and Harry Potter)

Leland to Esther when she wouldn’t eat dinner: How do you not starve?
Esther: I have mermaid magic. 

*I went into the bathroom while Adele was going*
Adele: Mama! You don’t just come busting in when someone is going!! But... I sure am lonely in here when I’m pooping...

Adele: I want to go to California because it’s a Rainbow Island. 
Me: Well it’s not really an island. 
Adele: Yes it is! The song says so! “This land is your land, this land is my land, to California, that rainbow island!”

Esther describing her fall off of the church stage: I was walking by the edge, then I was walking on thin air, and I Went down, and I stuck the Landing, but then my chin hit the edge of the stage. 

Adele: Mama, come rest with me. It will really energize you. 

Adele: When I’m grown up I’m going to find a boy with black curly hair just like Dada and marry him. 

Adele singing a song she made up
“Jesus died a long time ago. 
And they were very very sad. 
Until he came alive again.
With no blood.
And he never never died again
And now he’s alive 
Foooor evvvvvvv errrrrre.”

Adele: I give this to Israel to make him
cheerful. 

Israel refers to anything chocolate as a “COCO!”

Esther, whisper-yelling at church, “mama, you have a wedgie!”

Adele, when we were at our Airbnb, “This is our foster house, it’s taking care of us until we go back to our real house.”

Esther: Why does German have the word germ in it? 

While talking to the kids about coronavirus 
Me: It is a sickness that makes most people a little sick, but sometimes old people get really sick and die from it.
Esther: Old people like you and Dada?!
Me: No, really old people with white hair.
Adele: *gasps* (Baby Boy) has white hair!!!

Esther: Mama, was my nemberer broken when I was in your belly?

Esther: Mama, I have a problem. I don’t think I can have children because I want to be a nice mom but also I don’t want my children to be naughty. 

Esther: Mama, what will I do with Fuzzy when I’m a grown up?
Me: Maybe you can give her to one of your kids?
Esther: Uh...no... I think I’ll keep her as mine forever. 

Esther: Mama, tell me how to drive the car, so I can be ready for when I’m a teenager. 

Esther: Oh I just can’t wait for my birthday after next birthday. That’s when I’ll get my ears pierced!

Esther: Adele, I think Israel is jealous because you’re playing with O more than him. I guess O is your new husband now.
Adele: No, O is my boyfriend. A boyfriend is NOT a husband! Israel is still my husband because I love him more. 

Comments

Popular Posts