Easter Week 2019

We had a nice Easter this year. We followed the outline in the Come Follow Me manual and learned about the last week of the Savior's life. Although we have done this in years past, the Come Follow Me lesson really helped me to have a more spiritual Holy Week. Hopefully some of it sank in for the girls too. 

On Thursday we dyed eggs and also had our Jerusalem dinner. The girls loved dyeing eggs. It is fun for me to continue a tradition I did as a kid. And the Jerusalem dinner was very yummy, it is probably my favorite dinner of the year. 







The sun came out and the tulips bloomed just in time for Easter. 




On Saturday, Uincle Alexander flew in from Texas and we had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard with cousins.








On Sunday morning we had a quick lesson on the Resurrection before the kids discovered that the Easter bunny visited and filled their baskets. They were so thrilled. I love how easily pleased they are. 


Then we went to church. I must say I love this family picture. The kids looked so cute in their outfits and I felt a lot of genuine happiness to be celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus. 



I had to get some extra pictures of Israel on his first Easter. 



Such a handsome little man looking so grown up!


I made a carrot cake for our Easter dinner dessert. Esther really wanted to put a bunny on top but we don't have one so she settled for a cat instead lol.




Comments

Popular Posts