Life Lately

Israel is growing and changing so fast, I feel the urge to take way too many pictures to remember him at this stage. He is the sweetest little angel. And let's be real there's no such thing as too many pictures.  




















The girls and I have started our nature walks. They had fun playing trolls under this bridge at the park. 




 Our van has been having issues since we bought it. We took it to one shop and they said we needed a new transmission which would cost $4000. We were not able to put that much into it so we just kept driving it while we decided what to do. It started getting worse so we took it to a different shop and they told us they would do a basic transmission service, which they did and it fixed it! We were so grateful and it only cost us $200. We only have one car, so not worrying about breaking down has been a relief. Of course it could still have more issues in the future, but for now it is good and I'm so glad. It probably seems like a dumb thing, but to me it is a little miracle teaching me how the Lord always works everything out when we rely on him.


My forever favorite baby pajamas we own.





Last week we felt prompted to put our name back on the list for foster placements. The next day they called and we did 24 hour respite care for a little 22 month old boy. He was a sweetie, but it was still a pretty hectic day. I was glad to help out just for the day though. We are in the process of renewing our foster care license for another year.  I know without a doubt that foster care is what we are supposed to be doing right now, but it is still a hard thing to do. A lot of times I have doubts and negativity creep in. But every time I ask, the Savior is right there, reassuring me, comforting me, reminding me that I can do hard things.





Last week was Leland's birthday. He had to work but when he came home we had his favorite meal, Irish Pasties, and then cake and ice cream. Kent and Shelby also came over too.Leland is really the best husband and dad. The girls and I were happy to celebrate him.


Lastly, some pictures from the nature center. I know I say it all the time, but these girls are cutest little besties. I don't even pose these hand holding pictures, that's just what they love to do. We pretty much always have the nature center all to ourselves. We love to go there and be out in nature right in the middle of the city. 






Comments

Popular Posts