What I've Been Reading

Since Esther has been born I have had both more time and less time to read. I have way more time than when I was in school full time, but less time than when I was in high school. But still I've been reading, usually during her naps or as a way to wind down right before bed. These are some of my favorite books that I've read lately. You can click the link for a better summary since I will try to be brief to not ruin anything. Also because I don't exactly remember what happened in all of these. 


Me Before You by Jo Jo Moyes: This was a really interesting read, and I of course loved the romance. I felt like it was really realistic for a romance though. Even though I hated the ending it still made sense. It did have some language though, but I find that easy to skip over when reading.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell: I first read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell and really liked it but I wasn't a fan of all the swearing in it. I heard this one was better so I decided to give it a try. It was really cute and also pretty inspiring for a light read. I was a little confused by the whole landline aspect of it, but I just went with it.

The Walk series by Richard Paul Evans: This book is by a LDS author, but the characters aren't LDS. This series is about a man who decides to walk across the country. It was also an easy and light read, but still had some deep messages and also a bit of romance. My favorite part of his books are the journal excerpts at the beginning of each chapter.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: I loved this one. It is a YA romance without any fantasy or futuristic societies in it. Not that I'm against those but "normal" books seems to be hard to find these days. This book was spot on when it describes being in high school and high school drama. I really liked it, it is probably my favorite of all of these, maybe.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth: If you have never read Divergent and only watched the movie, the book is sooooo much better! I thought most of the hoopla over this series was over, but apparently not. I had to wait approximately 3 months on the library waiting list to get this book. Then I didn't go pick it up in time and had to wait another 2, but I finally read it.  Even though this second book is pretty depressing. I liked that it had more character development and a little less violence. I am hopeful that the movie will be better than Divergent.




Comments

Popular Posts