Thanksgiving and November Things

Okay, going back in time to November, here is a big jumble of November pictures and Thanksgiving. I wish  they could upload in order but since they didn't, and uploading is the longest part of making a blog post, I'm just going to go with it instead of redoing it. Better to have it done than to have it perfect! I'm trying hard to finish up blogging 2022 so I can blog 2023 with a fresh slate! I'm almost there!

These pictures were from forest school, Halloween was warm and then just a few days later we got our first snow and it's been a long and snowy winter ever since! 









November was FULL of how showings. Cleaning the house to get it showing ready, then finding somewhere out of the house to go during the showings dominated the entire month. One day we went to a park for lunch, it was windy and absolutely freezing. The kids were troopers though. 




We made gingerbread houses very early in the month because we could ha. 











Well, more out of order pictures, we set up the tree at the end of November, Moses was so darling and fun to watch this holiday season. 




We went on "The Christmas Tree Hike' in Ogden. 



My little gnome baby. 




We found a cheap Christmas train at BDO, it was the most loved item by all the little boys and any children who visited our house during December. And yes, they did break it in multiple ways before Christmas ha. 





7 stockings hung with care



It was Moses' turn to put the star up on the tree! 




He didn't know what was going on ha. 







Setting up the tree is one of my favorite traditions! 





Adele with the ornament she picked out this year. 



Here were the ornaments the kids choose. The tradition of them each picking something started off cute, but I did not anticipate the likes of a gigantic santa head being chosen. It is glass so I kept hoping it would get broken, no such luck this year ha. Israel was thrilled with his choice and saw nothing wrong with a giant santa head staring at us all all season long. 


William was with us on tree set up day, which happened to be black friday, we took 6 kids to several stores looking for a tree and ornaments, it was craziness. 



Thanksgiving in backward pictures. I made a pumpkin pie and a chocolate silk pie with an oreo crust. The chocolate silk pie was a crowd favorite!



We went to the park after thanksgiving dinner to run off some energy and play football. 




Well, Moses and I hung out while the other kids played with Leland. 


It was just us here for Thanksgiving this year, which was fine. After a stressful time hosting last year I was glad for it to be kept simple with just Leland the kids and I. 






I made a turkey on my own for the first time. I think it turned out pretty well! 


Our Thankful Tree


Moses learned to put on his boots. He would put them on and demand to "come" anytime he saw anyone leaving the house, pants or not. 



A haircut for Julian. This kid is giving me lots of practice with haircuts since his hair grows so fast, he needs one approximatey once a month! 



Moses demanded to wear cheek retractors, then discovered they are not as fun as they seem ha. 



An outing to the nature center. 










Another day at forest school. The kids made nature christmas ornaments. 










A van full of kids. 


Cheeky boy 



3 little boys all ready for church. 




Another day at the nature center (this was our go to for house showings).




Israel, wearing a binky for some unknown reason, wanted me to take a picture of him and his jack o lantern before I threw it away. I think he won this battle because I never did throw it away, instead we fed it to the chickens and left it in the back yard to turn to mush. Sometimes I think the sentimentality of my children will be the death of me. 


On Novemeber 1st we celebrated the day of the dead. Well all we really did was buy this cookie decorating kit and write the names of our family members who have died to remember them. It was actually a super sweet activity, we will have to do more next year. Julian has heritage from Mexico so we are trying to incorporate more Mexican traditions in with our own. 


A nice loaf of sourdough bread. 


Some pretty pictures of fall leaves, and when we reached 900 hours outside for 2022. 










 

Comments

Popular Posts